Chapter 25

A/N hey everyone, so I am so so sorry that this took so long but for those who read the last chapter know that I have been struggling with what to do so this chapter is short but I wanted to get something out so I don't disappoint you guys. Not my best work but hope you guys like it.

Chapter 25

"You ok?" I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm ok."

"I'm back," he spoke sitting next to me, "I ain't leaving you again, ever."

I placed my hand in his and he intertwined his fingers with mine. I looked over at him and he smiled when his eyes met mine. He placed a hand on my cheek and ran his fingers under my eyes.

His lips came down on mine and it was like nothing was going on around us. Like nothing had changed and nothing else matter but us.

He laid me back down onto the bed and let's just say it was a good night. I laid my head on his chest and felt the rhythm of his heart.

"I love you so much," Daryl whispered as he ran his fingers through my hair. I looked up at him and pecked his lips.

"I love you," I smiled.

"Did I miss much?" he asked.

"Nah," I shook my head, "Did I?"

"Nah," he shook his head, "Missed you though."

I nuzzled my head into his chest, "I didn't like letting you go."

"I hated leaving ya like that."
"If you liked it I'd be worried," I laughed.

"Me too," he laughed and then a weird look ran across his face.

"Did something happen?" I asked.

"Nah," he shook his head and then looked out at the distance so to speak.

"Dare," I spoke sitting up to rest on my elbow.

"It was nothin'," he replied quickly.

"Tell me," I begged, "Please?"

"We found a cannery, we got trapped in a car," he explained.

"What?" I asked.

"That wasn't the worst part," he spoke, "It was a trap, they rigged the back of the trucks, they were loaded with walkers. It was a trap."

"How did you get out?" I asked.

"Morgan."

Daryl looked worried about something, like there was something else, I don't want to push it and I don't think I want to know. I laid my head back down on his chest and took a deep breath, he ran his hand through my hair and held me a little closer.

"I'm glad ya safe," I spoke softly.

"I'm glad I came back when I did," he stroked my hair softly and I fell asleep moments later, this was perfect but how long would it last?

Daryl's POV

Holding Char in my arms that night was a blessin', she slept soundly like not a thing disturbed her, like nothin' was wrong with the world we lived in. I snuck out at sun up, wanted to let her sleep some more, she looked like she needed it.

I decided to stick close to the house, just out front to clean my bike.

"Hey Daryl," I looked up to see Eric hobblin' up to me, I acknowledged his existence but remained focused on cleanin' my bike.

"I wanted to thank you," Eric spoke, "For bringing him back, he told me what you wanted to do for him and I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it," I mumbled.