8. New deal

I have like 5 or six books I'm reading on wattpad and I have to say, it sucks when they only update once a week or longer. I try to update twice a week. Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday
It's always the good ones that take too long to update too.

Also, this chapter might be a little boring compared to the others, but the whole book is based off of what happens here. In this chapter. Right now. Seriously. Oh just start reading already!

P.s. You can thank book_genius for the early update.

I knocked and waited for her reply, bringing Master Ruth her drink. She didn't look at me until I set her drink on her desk. Then her hard gaze set my muscles stiff. What the fuck had I done to her? I took a step back from her desk, pulling my hands together behind my back, waiting for her next command. I looked at the wall, but still felt her eyes digging into my flesh. I had heard rumors about her mood swings, but this was mad. She was teasing me this morning, and now it was like I had killed her dog and was wearing its carcus as a hat.

    I kept my calm, keeping my heartbeat and breathing under control. When she spoke, it was a struggle to continue to control my involuntary muscles.

    "I see you made some notes for me." Ruth held up one of the folders I had worked on while she was asleep. It wasn't a question, so I didn't speak, but her eyes dug deeper into me, reaching my soul.

    "Sit" She was calm and calculated. I didn't know if this was a good or a bad thing. I met her gaze and sat down carefully in the chair. I was glad there was a desk separating us right now. She dropped her gaze back to the papers, flipping through them like there was nothing wrong, like the tension wasn't ten feet thick in the room.

    "Since you like taking risks," she looks back up to me without the death eyes, but a look a little too devious to feel safe. "I am going to offer you one." She collapsed her hands in front of her. Her body read as calm, but I could see her calculating, working the words over in her head to get what she wanted. I still didn't know what she wanted with me, but I wanted to find out soon.

    "I hired a...... man, to investigate the report you noted was incorrect. He should have the results to me shortly. If your assumption is correct, I will sell the business and use the money to buy the restaurant. There will be enough to cover the acquisition and renovation. According to your notes, the club should be profitable." Her lips crept up on one side but she forced it back down again and continued to speak. "If my investigator informs me that the original report held a simple error, then all will continue as it is."

    I followed her words, but I failed to see where I played into any of this. What's the risk for me? It was all her money, all her business, all her risk. If it was all my money, I would have taken the risk, sold the business and bought the old club.

    "If you are correct through the whole process, I will do one thing for you. But if you are wrong, in any one area, you will do many things for me until your birthday. On your birthday, I will be making a decision concerning your future. I still haven't decided what to do with you. There are so many options, but I am sure you are aware of that."

    I thought about what she said. She already had control over me. She could have me do anything she wanted. I knew there was something holding her back all these years. Something to do with my father and the agreement they had made when I was left here. I am 17. Most males my age were blood slaves, sex slaves, or farmed. Or dead. I had received special treatment from her. Thinking about her words and how she wanted me to do things for her meant there were things she couldn't force me to do now. Not without some sort of agreement. I had also been kept away from the other human slaves in the house, and none of the lower level vampires had ever attacked me, not that she would allow that kind of thing under her roof. She had control of every person under her, and she wanted more control over me.

    But if I won this bet, she would do one thing for me. I racked my brain for one thing that I really wanted. One thing that would be worth the risk that was in front of me. There were a few things that popped up. I was about to go over them one by one when her phone beeped.

    "Time's up. Do we have a deal?"

    I was sure of my numbers. 95% sure that this would work in my favor. Why would she make this bet she was sure to lose? Unless she didn't think I was that smart. She would know how well I did in my classes. There was something else going on in that head of hers.

    "If I'm right about the report. You tell me what things you are wanting from me. If I am wrong, I will do all of those things you want from me no questions asked, no hesitation, and I will enjoy doing those things for you."

    She nodded, and picked up her phone. Her face fell slightly and I knew I had won round one. She bit her lip and let it roll out from between her teeth. Damn that was hot.

    "I want you to be my personal slave. You would make sure all of my needs are taken care of, providing most of them from yourself. That may not seem like much, but I can assure you, I am very demanding. What is it that you wanted?"

    I couldn't help but smile. I forced my shit eating smile down to to a slight grin. "That wasn't part of the deal."

    She raised her eyebrow slightly. "It never hurts to ask." She hit a button on her desk phone and pulled her papers into a stack. A man answered on speaker.

"Steven"

    "I need you to put the Vaccaro business up for sale. And I want to purchase the restaurant you suggested, but I am only paying 120 for it. Set up a walk through for later tonight."

    "Yes ma'am."

    She hung up on him. How did she know she would get the restaurant at that price? That was insanely low. What have I gotten myself into.

    "You're dismissed. I want you ready to leave for the walk through later today. Business attire will be sent to your room."

    I sat for a minute, slightly stunned. The way she talked, they way she acted, I would be seeing a lot of her from now on. I didn't know how this would end. I mentally snorted. It would end with my death. Vampires outlive humans hundred fold, and I was at my half life now.

    Ruth looked over from her computer at me and I nodded, getting up to leave.