33. Private

We didn't say anything until we got to the club.  After our little spat, we were running late and the club was in full swing.  There was a line around the front of the building and people were parking on the streets.  I did a mental fist pump.  I was so going to win this bet.  I stopped in front of the building and tossed the keys to the valet.  I pretended to be a gentleman and opened the door for Ruth, who was still seething. 

"Come now kitten, don't be mad at yourself.  We both knew I would win in the end."  I pulled her hand around my arm and guided us in.  I checked the number above the rotating door, over three hundred people were here.  It was only a little passed 11 and the night was still young.  I did a mental happy dance, take that! 

We walked in and the dance floor was packed.  The bar was full and was three layers thick of people wanting drinks.  At this rate, we would have to get a few more bar tenders.  We didn't stick around long, and headed to the private room. 

Two monsters of men stood in front of a wall and we walked up to them.  I handed my platinum card to one and he checked the card with his light, handing it back.  Neither one looked at us and the door opened by itself.  We walked through the hall and the thumping from the bass quietened.  I pulled Ruth close to me, just to antagonize her.  This calling was kinda fun to use against her.  The hall opened to the private room.  It held more people than what I had expected for the first night.  The show on stage held some of audience, while others mingled, or conducted business.  Ted had told me a lot of vampires liked to come here to do business, because of the discreteness.  I looked around for my father and found him, holding on to my mother and talking to one of his old friends. 

I let Ruth go, letting her mingle with some of the upper class.  It was good for business and I wanted to talk to my father without her.

"So glad you two could make it."

My mother beamed at me.  "Congratulations.  This place looks so much better than last time I was here."

"If I remember correctly, you didn't enjoy the show near as much last time." My father teased her.  If she could have blushed, her face would be bright red right now. 
After a small moment of silence, "I need to speak to you in private Elex."

His friend raised an eyebrow at me for the formality, but my father didn't move.

"Some things have grown complicated with that matter I spoke to you about when we last saw each other."

My father sighed and shook his head.  "I know you broke the contract with Ruth.  I am sincerely disappointed in you."

I was started to get a little edgy, I really didn't want to talk about this in front of his friend and the human.  "It's something else.  Something I know you have first hand experience with."

My father looked at me then to his friend.  I am sure he figured it out.  "Stoic, I am not sure I introduced you before, this is my long time friend John and his personal slave Kye.

I was little confused, but held out my hand to John and shook his.  My father continued.  "John is the one that helped me through my past mistakes."  My mother elbowed my father.  "Not that they were mistakes."  He smiled down at my mother the looked back to me.  "You can speak freely."

I didn't feel comfortable with this, but I knew I could trust my father.  I had to hurry before Ruth came back and found out what I was doing, and how Elex was related to me.  "I broke the contract last night, and uh.." WOW this was awkward to say in front of your mother.  I tried to put it as nicely as I could.  "Things got a little heated and she scratched my back, drawing blood.  After we finished, she licked her fingers and uh, shit.  Let's just say, she found out what I am and took a little more blood into her system."  My father's face was emotionless, his friend looked at me with an eyebrow raised.  I didn't want to look at my mother.  This was embarrassing enough.  "I need to know how to undo the calling between two vampires.  Ruth knows but she won't tell me."

His friend John, snickered at me.  "You are not fully vampire.  I can still smell your human blood.  This situation is peculiar.  Vampire blood doesn't mix with other vampire blood like it does in humans.  If you were a full vampire, you could simply feed from her.  Your blood would pull to the surface and you would take it back.  You would be able to taste the difference between yours and hers and stop.  Does she feel the calling as well?"

I grinned at this remembering what I had done to her earlier.  "Yes."  My father rolled his eyes at me, something he picked up from mother over the years. 

"From what Elex has told me, you should be fully transformed in a week or so.  Have you gotten the thirst yet?"

I shook my head.  "No."

"That might not matter.  You could still try to feed from her, it just won't be as pleasurable.  Biting through her skin and keeping it from healing is going to be painful for her.  You might have to bite multiple times."

"Her pleasure is not my concern right now, but I feel like she is the kind to take pleasure in pain."

A powerful hand snaked around my arm.  "Such an interesting conversation.  Stoic, mind cluing me in?"

"Later kitten, and I can give you a private session."  She raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a look that read oh yeah?  "John and Kye, it was nice to meet you.  Master Elex, mother I hope to see you both soon."  They all nodded and I led Ruth away from them. 

Ruth was in a better mood.  I don't know what her adventures in the private room consisted of, but she was being more pleasant towards me.  I took one last glance at the show on stage.  A woman was being cut, blood dripped down her leg and into a glass.  I could smell the iron, it was like fresh air.  It almost made my mouth water.  I smiled.  Maybe I would get my thirst soon.

We headed out and into Ted's office.  Ruth wanted to check and see how well the night was running so far.  I could tell ted was ecstatic, but he kept his face calm, his demeanor business like.

"Everything is going better than planned.  We actually are coming close to running out of human product and I had to send for a fresh load.  The human go go dancers have driven up sales like I have never seen.  There is no doubt in my mind that this won't be successful."

"How's the numbers look?  Are we at capacity?"

"We are close to full right now, and still have a huge line outside."  Ted clicked on his computer and pulled up the view of the dance floor and the outside on the big flat screen.  "I know it should die down a little after a week or two, but I have a feeling it won't.  I will have the numbers to you by the tomorrow and let you know how sales went.  Maybe after a few months, if the buzz starts to die, we can do specials like ladies night and have male dancers.  Just an idea."

Ruth nodded and we left the office.  "Do you want to stay a little longer or do you want to go?"  I asked.  We had already been here for four hours.  Just because she owned the place didn't mean she had to stay the whole time. 

"You sure you don't want a drink?  I could get Rudy to make you a few?"

"Uh no kitten.  One time was enough.  You can get hammered by yourself.  Besides, I drove us here."

"Celebrate with me." she pleaded.  "Just one drink, then we can go.  I still want that private session you promised."  She winked at me and I grinned.  She had no idea what she was talking about, but I would defiantly give it to her.