10. First impression

so I have been super busy this week.  I though vacations are supposed to be relaxing?  movies, aquarium, last minute trip to houston, got my first tat at 28(I know I'm such a loser).   today was my first day back to work and it was meet the teacher night.  My baby is going to kindergarden  :,(
anyway sorry for the day late update. I will do a double bc this is kinda a filler .   

As a gentleman and slave, Master Ruth was the first in the limo.  I caught Steven looking at her ass, but he was too busy to notice he had been caught.  I felt I should say something to him, but as a human it would not be right to speak against a vampire.  I sat next to Ruth and Steven sat opposite of us.  Ruth picked up the folder and started looking over the paperwork.  We all sat quietly while she did so.  She moved to set the folder down and I yanked it out of her hands.  Steven's eyes were as big as saucers and before Ruth could reprimand me, I spoke.

    "If I am betting against you, I need to see what I am working with."

    Ruth tilted her head sideways at me, but I didn't give her any room on this.  She shook her head and poured herself a drink from the decanter.

    The blue prints looked similar, but the private club in the back had been changed to hold more "food."  The inspection was barely above passing, but night clubs had lower standards to meet so that wasn't a big deal.  I looked over the employee files.  There were only three people who had worked at both club and restaurant.  The bartender, a waitress, and the keeper.  The restaurant had too many employees working for them currently.  We could use them for a few days to clear out the building and maybe for some of the demo to cut costs, but then they would have to be fired.  Hiring on all of the old crew of Club Bare wasn't a good idea.  We needed new fresh faces for a new club.  I liked the name, so we could keep that, hopefully they still had some of the old signage in storage.  I closed the folder and tossed it onto the seat.

    Master Ruth handed me a clear drink and I took a swig, thinking it was water.  I pulled my lips back and hissed.  Liquor.  That's exactly what I needed right now.  I gave Ruth a glare and she raised her eyebrow at me, forcing a smile down from her lips. 

    "What do you think about the paper work?"

    "I will know for sure when we get there."

    We pulled up and there was no valet.  I had never gone off the property, but I knew what rich people liked, and it was not doing things for themselves.  I opened the door for us and held it for Ruth.  Steven let Master Ruth open the door to the building so he could look at her ass.  I was starting to get really annoyed with him.  We met with the Matre D who had no idea who Ruth was.  I checked her tacky name tag and made note to fire Cindy first.  The manager noticed our arrival and ushered us into his office.  It looked like someone had cleaned it up last minute.  He spoke and I instantly did not like him.

    "My name is Frank and I have been manager of La Rouise since it opened.  If there are any questions you need answered, please feel free to come straight to me."

    Ruth set into him straight away.  "Why is the business failing?"

    Frank stuttered first before he could come up with something.  "Uh the uh the keeper hasn't been doing his job with buying good product.  If the food isn't good here, no one wants to come."  He said that last part facing me, like because I was human I shouldn't be in the same room with him.  I cut Ruth off before she could say anything.

    "That's funny, I saw that it was the same keeper from when it was a booming club, and last I heard, the manager is the one that is suppose to oversee the negotiation of deals for purchasing product."  I could see the hatred in his eyes so I continued to lay into him.  "Even if he did have good product, your inspection codes were sub par last go around.  Good product can go to waste in the wrong environment.  The manager is supposed to oversee that all employees follow the health codes."  Frank's jaw muscles flinched.  He was definitely going to be fired.

    Ruth spoke again and I could hear the pleasure in her voice.  "Thank you Frank, for your hospitality.  I want to see the operations for myself, without any interruption that the manager might give away to."  Frank nodded and sat down in his old leather chair defeated.