Chapter 14

"Thanks for dinner, I had fun." I mention as Luke drops me off in front of the dorm.

"Yeah? I'm happy you did. Hey, I actually have a game tomorrow you should come and watch it'll mean a lot." He says with a puppy dog face.

"I'll see I have work from ten to six."

"Well the games at seven. I'd really like it if you would come."

"I'll think about." I say," Bye."

"Bye, I'll be waiting." He says before driving off.

"How could you do that?!" I hear a deep voice from the tree slash bench area where I had gotten pranked on the second night.

I walk over and hide behind a tree as I see Heath and Kirsten arguing," What are you talking about?!" Kirsten asks.

"Don't act dumb." Heath says through gritted teeth," Mark spilled everything. She could've died!" He continues and Kirsten scoffs crossing her arms.

"I knew there was something going on between you two. And she didn't die calm down I just want to be captain that's all."

"Don't you dare try to pin this on me, and you needed somebody to almost die to become captain?!" Tears start to fall from my eyes. I've never done or said anything to her how could she. I wipe my tears away. I could've died.

"She's alive get over it."

"You know what I am over it. I'm over us. We're done. You can go fuck all the guys you want." Kirsten gasps.

"Okay. Now you can go fuck Riley all you want. I knew you were just using me the whole time." She says walking away probably holding back tears, or trying to hide them. Heath goes the opposite way leaving me all alone.

I make my way into my room and lock it behind me once I'm in. Not having enough energy to even change I plop onto my bed.

I wrap myself around with the blanket and feel the empty spot beside me on the bed. I really wish you were here Jack. I wipe away an emotionless tear. Soon enough I fall into a deep sleep. Since when did I become so weak, again?...

*********

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I wake up to my stupid alarm. I sit up and grab my phone turning off the sound. Eight thirty a.m. I go through my various accounts.

I open my iMessage which had over a hundred unread messages. Most of them were asking if I'm okay or not, or if I became captain and all that shiz. But one catches my eye.

Heath
Congrats on becoming captain princess
Read at 8:47am

Riley
I'm not captain?...
Read at 8:48am

Heath
You don't know? Good, that means I'm the first to congratulate you. Check the school's website under sport updates.
Read at 8:48am

Riley
Okay, just wait.
Read at 8:49am

I open Safari and open the school's website under sports. And there in big bolded letters read 'Riley King and Heath Levers captain's of the girl's and boy's basketball teams. 2015-2016'

Riley
Oh, congrats to you too
Read at 8:54am

Heath
Thanks, are you going to the football game tonight?
Read at 8:55am

Riley
I might, why? Are you going?
Read at 8:56am

Heath
Yeah, to cheer Ian on
Read 8:56am