We Need To Talk

At about six in the morning, the alarm on the hotel's nightstand went off, blaring music from the local pop station. Mark leaned over and pushed the snooze button. He laid his head back down on his pillow and looked down at Jack, who was still sound asleep on Mark's chest.

How did he sleep through that alarm? Mark thought. Maybe he's still jet-lagged  

Mark nudged Jack's shoulder. "jackaroonie," he said, "We need to get up."

Jack stirred a bit and looked up at Mark. "Morning, Markimoo." he said and leaned up to give Mark a really passionate kiss, even despite morning breath. Mark gladly kissed back, slightly moaning into the kiss. As the kiss deepened, Jack climbed on top of Mark, straddling his waist, but never breaking the kiss. Jack began leaving kisses down Mark's neck, and softly sucking as he went. Mark moaned at the soft touch of Jack's lips against his neck. But then Jack pulled away.

"well..." Jack said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "We should probably get out of bed, considering we're both fully awake now." 

Jack chuckled nervously, but Mark leaned up and gave Jack a peck on the cheek. "You're probably right." Mark said, "Before we end up going any further."

The two got out of bed and got dressed and went downstairs. Their hotel had a Starbucks across the street, where they went and grabbed some coffee, then came back to the hotel and sat out front to wait for Bob to come and pick them up.

When Bob got there, He rolled down the window. "Get in losers!" he yelled. Jack and Mark stepped into the car, Mark up front and Jack in the back. "Really, Mark? your lucky flannel?" Bob asked while laughing.

"what can I say." Mark replied, "Things always end up going good for me in this flannel."

At the con, Jack sat next to Mark at a table while they were meeting fans, with Matthias, Wade, and Bob sitting down the table from them. They got to meet so many wonderful fans and so many of them were just super sweet and amazing. One girl brought her guitar and played Jack and Mark a song, another asked about Mark's love life, which he replied "Be on the lookout for an update video." another boy made Mark a small Tiny Box Tim and Jack a Septic Eye Sam. 

They had just got done talking to a girl who had wrote all of the group a fanletter and she was about to walk away and let the next person get their turn until they turned around and looked at Mark questionably. "Hey Mark, What's that?" she asked, referring to the hickey that Jack had accidentally left on Mark's neck this morning. "It looks like a hickey."

Mark quickly covered up the spot on his neck with his flannel. "Um.." he said. He was at such a loss for words that he finished with, "oh, it's nothing, don't worry. Just a scratch..." he shared glances with Jack as the girl walked away and shrugged. Jack made a seriously upset and sad face and mouthed sorry to Mark and squeezed his hand from under the table.

Next to them, they heard a chair abruptly squeak. When Mark looked over, Matthias was standing up and looking straight at him. "We need to talk." Matthias said, and pulled Mark to the back of the room and then into the men's bathroom, leaving Jack and the rest of the group wondering what was going on.