Can't Lose You

"What do you mean he kissed you?" Jack screamed at the top of his lungs, not caring if their hotel room neighbors heard him or not. "That bastard! What was he thinking?" Jack was completely overcome with anger and rage. He had spent so long just trying to even muster up the courage to tell Mark how he had felt, and now that he actually had Mark, Matthias was trying to take him from Jack; he couldn't let that happen.

Mark took Jack's hand and say him down next to him on the bed. "Jack, Stop yelling and calm down." he said calmly, giving Jack a quick reassuring hug. "He's our friend. He's confused about his feelings and, though I understand why you're mad, we need to be here for him and actually work this out."

Jack shook his head and squeezed Mark's hand tightly. He felt tears welling up in his eyes, so he looked away so Mark wouldn't see him, thinking he would belittle him for crying. "You didn't- you know..."

Mark quickly cut him off as soon as the words had left Jack's mouth, "No, Jack, I didn't kiss him back. I couldn't; I refused to. I love you too much to do that" he said. "Although, his lips were pretty soft."

"Not funny." Jack replied, hastily pushing Mark after hearing his previous comment.

"I know, I know, I'm just kidding Jack. Your lips are way softer anyways." Mark replied, regretting his comment when he discovered how inappropriate of a time it was for his jokes, but Jack refused to look at him and wouldn't reply. Mark took his hand and pulled Jack back towards him, "Hey, you aren't mad at me, are you?"

Jack finally looked at Mark with tears brimming the edges of his eyes. "It's just that I spent so much time trying to get you, and now I have you and I-I love you so much... I just- I don't want to lose you now."

Jack was full-blown crying now; he didn't care if Mark saw. Mark pulled him into a hug and rubbed the small of his back, attempting to calm him down. "Hey, hey, hey..." Mark said reassuringly. "Why would I ever leave you, Jack? You're literally perfect and no one will take me away from you. Period."

Listening to Mark's words and sniffling softly, Jack slowly looked up at Mark. He rested his head on Mark's shoulder and allowed Mark to console him. "Do you really mean that?" Jack asked him, wiping some of his tears on the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Of course I do, Jack. I love you." Mark replied, happily. He put his hand under Jack's chin and wiped away a few stray tears with his thumb. He then pulled Jack's face towards his and kissed him with as much passion as he could muster. "Come on, let's go to bed. We have a long flight ahead and and we get to see the kids tomorrow." Mark said after he pulled away. He got up and took of his jeans, leaving him in only  his T-shirt and boxers. He turned off the lights and then crawled into bed behind Jack, who had also taken off his hoodie and jeans, and pulled Jack's body close to his own and fell asleep, his head nestled between Jack's shoulder blades.