17

"I may have gotten myself injured," is the first thing I hear from my phone at quarter to midnight.

"What?" I groggily ask, then immediately sitting up in my bed once I realize who it is, "Grant, what the fuck did you do?"

"I, uh, snuck into a bar. And kind of caused a fight...?"

It's almost been two months of having Grant as my friend, and I forgot that he likes trouble. Grant Victor seeks trouble anywhere and everywhere because it's in his nature.

"Why are you calling me? Shouldn't you call your parents or the police?"

"Can you please just come," Grant grunts, "please?"

I'm already throwing the covers off my legs and slipping into some sweatpants, all while I keep him on the phone. I grab a first-aid kit before I quietly leave the house.

"Where are you?"

"The park."

"You walked to the park?" I softly exclaim, quickening my pace to a jog, "I'll be there soon."

Within minutes, I see a silhouette sitting on a park bench. I run over to him, the first-aid kit thumping against my thigh.

"Grant, oh god," I immediately grab his face and inspect the damage closely. His lips are busted, his right eye is swelled up.

"It's not that bad," Grant says, placing his hands on mine.

I ignore him, "Lift up your shirt."

"Well, if you wanted to get me naked, you could've said so."

"Shut up. Just lift up your shirt."

He does as he's told, and I try to avoid staring at his lean body. I take a deep breath and focus on the bruises, skimming my fingers against his ribs.

"That tickles."

"Nothing seems broken," I pause, "Let me clean your face up, and I'll take you home."

"No," Grant refuses, "I don't want to worry them. Besides, they think I'm at Jackson's."
I bite my lip, "My house, then."

•••

Grant quietly sits on my bed, hissing in pain everytime I dab his face. I stand slightly between his legs, hand on his shoulder, and his breath fanning my neck. And I can't help but be aware of our closeness.

"Thank you for doing this," he says after a while when I'm done.

"Of course I'd do it," I smile at him softly, climbing into bed, "Anyways, it's time to sleep. You're gonna explain everything to me in the morning, yeah?"

He settles into bed next to me, wrapping his long arms around my waist. I snuggle into him, and I hear him whisper, "Yeah."

________________

Grant, smh.

But their cuteness is just even stronger.

I hope you enjoyed! This is the longest chapter yet!

We also reached a little over 100 votes!

vote•comment

--thyselves