21

One day, I find Grant asleep in his room. Lilly let me inside their house without hesitation because she knows we have to study for an English test.

"Grant's sleeping," she whispers, following me up to his room.

"We're gonna have to wake him up."

I push open Grant's door, finding my friend holding onto the stuffed giraffe that I recently got him. He looks so peaceful and innocent.

Too bad I have to wake him up.

I cup my hands around my mouth and shout, "Grant!"

Grant shoots up from his bed, clutching the giraffe close to his body in panic. His hair is messy, and his eyes are tired, and he absolutely looks ridiculous.

I laugh along with Lilly as Grant groans.

"Did you like napping with Cuddles?"

"Cuddles?" his eyes widen, "We are not naming this giraffe Cuddles. He shall remain nameless, for all I care."

"Please?"

"No. In fact, we'll name him T-Rex."

"Cuddles."

"T-Rex."

"Cuddles."

"T-Rex."

"I got him for you!"

Grant frowns, "Well, the giraffe is under my possession."

I turn to Grant's sister, "Cuddles is a better name. Right, Lilly?"

"T-Rex's the better name, Lillian."

She scrunches up her eyebrows, a pout adorning her lips, "We should name him Purple!"

Both Grant and I say, "No."

Our arguing doesn't stop until Mary comes in. She tells us to be quiet, or else she'll throw Cuddles/T-Rex/Purple out of the window.

______________________

Which name do you like better?

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves