39

Our first reaction is to freeze up.

     But as the sirens get closer, Grant immediately takes control of the situation. He tells Ingrid, Arden, Harrison, and me to pick up everything, gather everyone else up, and run.

     "Grant?" I frantically ask, grabbing onto his arm, "What the hell are you doing?"

     "If Sheriff finds out that some of us were drinking, we're screwed," he gently pushes me forward, "Venice, I got this."

     I give him one last lingering look before I take off after Harrison and the girls, the sand flying behind me.

     •••

     "Where's Grant?" Mary asks softly, sitting at the dining table with her hands clasped together.

     "Well--"

     The front door swings open, revealing a slightly disgruntled Grant. I immediately stand up and walk towards him. Mary follows after me. 

     "Where have you been?" Mary questions, her hands on her hips, "I thought you were hanging out with Venice and your friends."

     "I was, Mom," Grant smoothly says, "I went to drop off some of the guys, but I decided to leave Venice here first."

     Mary scrutinizes him before nodding her head in acceptance, "I thought something bad happened."

     "Of course not," I pipe in before grabbing my boyfriend's hand, "If you don't mind, we'll be in Grant's room."

     Once we reach his room, I ask, "What really happened?"

     Grant laughs, "I put the fire out and sprinted."

     I roll my eyes, pulling him closer to me, "You weren't supposed to scare me like that ever again, remember?"

     Grant holds my chin, "I remember, but babe, trouble won't always stay away from me."

     "I know that now," I say before connecting our lips.

     _________________________

Here's another chapter!

GRANT IS BAD AF. RUNNING FROM THE COPS, HELL YEAH!

I hope you like it because idk how I feel about it.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves