43

"Grant," I smile when my sleepy boyfriend answers the door. I hug him, and he awkwardly stumbles back, "happy eighteenth birthday!"

His eyes widen, holding my waist and looking down at me, "It's my birthday?"

"Yeah, you weirdo."

"... Does that mean we have to go out?"

I laugh, "No. We're going to do whatever you want. If you want to sleep, then we'll sleep."

"You're an angel," Grant whispers, swooping in to kiss me, but I push him away.

"No kisses until your brush your teeth."

"Fine," he says, rolling his eyes, "So, where are my parents? And Lillian?"

"They called me and said they're getting cake."

"Well, I want to cuddle, then," Grant firmly says, taking my hand and dragging me to his room.

"Then we'll cuddle," I respond, jumping onto his bed.

•••

"Here's your present, sweetheart," Mary grins, handing him a terribly wrapped canvas.

My boyfriend lets out a sound of surprise once he looks at the full painting -- a painting of me. It's full of warm colors, and it looks abstractly beautiful.

"Wow, thank you, Mom," he's unable to tear his eyes away from the painting, but he eventually looks up to his dad.

Chris gives him two black dog chains, one has his family's names listed, and the other one has my name on it. Grant immediately puts both of them on, thanking his dad.

Honestly, his whole family ships us.

Lilly goes next, her innocent brown eyes staring up at Grant, "I hope you like it."

"Of course I will, Lillian."

He ends up loving it. It's a family picture, where everything looks so natural. In the picture, Mary is staring up at Chris, who is twirling Lilly around, and Grant has his head thrown back, as if he was laughing at something.

"My turn," I slid the neatly wrapped to him.

Once he opens it up, Grant immediately smiles. In his hand, he holds a black leather bracelet with the word King written across in silver square beads.

He asks, just like I did on my seventeenth birthday, "Do you have one?"

I pull down my sleeve, revealing a similar one with the word Queen across it, "It'll go along with our other ones."

"I love you," he says, despite his parents watching this whole interaction.

"Always."

_____________________

For my readers, who gave me the opportunity to hit 400 followers. Thank you so much.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves

p.s. Grant is now eighteen. We just have to wait for Venice, and they'll be able to get it on legally. If you know what I meaaaannn ;)