49

"I can't wait to see you later," Grant says, "We're actually gonna celebrate our first Christmas together."

"I don't know how I managed to stay with you all these months," I joke, "Just hearing the sound of your name makes me cringe."

"Not when you're moaning it."

"You have no chill."

He lets out a loud laughter that makes my insides melt, "Babe, I'm just stating the facts."

"Whatever," I respond, rolling my eyes, even though he can't see it, "Anyway, have a good morning with your family, alright?"

"Same goes for you, Venice," I know Grant is smiling, "I'll see you later."

•••

My feet are tucked under Grant as both of watch Elf. My boyfriend's laughing, and I can't help but admire him. His brown hair is tucked under a beanie, and his gray eyes are twinkling from the Christmas spirit.

"Like what you see?"

I'm startled out of my thoughts when I see Grant looking at me with a smirk. I want to reply with a snarky answer, but I end up saying, "Very much."

"I want it to be Christmas everyday if you keep on being nice to me."

"I am nice to you," I retort, "I'm your girlfriend, aren't I?"

"Yeah, yeah," he waves me off, turning back to the television.

I lower my voice, "I'm nice by giving you a present."

He looks at me, "A present, you say?"

I sit up and run my hand down his chest, trying not to smile, "Mmhm."

I obviously failed because Grant groans and says, "I fell for that."

Laughing, I say, "I do have a present for you, though. I'll give it to you right now."

"I have something to give you, too," he smiles, "and I brought the ukulele that my dad got me."

"Serenade me with it, yeah?"

"Only for you, babe."

I lead him upstairs to my room, where Grant left his stuff. I pick up the small box that's for my boyfriend and turn to face him, "I'm going first."

Handing him the box, I wait for his reaction once he tears open the wrapping paper, "Tickets to Fall Out Boy?"

"Merry Christmas," Grant wraps his arms around me, burying his face on the crook of my neck, "I'm glad you liked it."

He pulls back, "My turn, huh?"

I jokingly grin, sticking my hand out, "Pay up, lover boy."

Grant shyly hands me a box, neatly wrapped. My breath catches when I look at the gift. A ring.

"It's not an engagement ring or anything," my boyfriend quickly explains after noticing my shock, "It's, um, a promise ring."

"A promise ring?"

"Yeah," he awkwardly chuckles, "it's okay if you don't like it. I can always--"

"I love it, Grant," I say, cutting him off.

He bursts into a giant smile, blowing me away, "Yeah?"

"Always."

He engulfs me into a hug for a second time, holding me tight against him. Grant leans back, observing my face before sweetly kissing me.

"I didn't want to scare you away," he says, leaning his forehead on mine. He lifts my hand to his heart, "My heart beats for you, Venice Waters."

And I could say the same.

_____________________

There we have it, folks, the last actual chapter (epilogue is still left) of Tender Conversations.

I can't believe it's practically over.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Prepare youreselves for the epilogue, I'm sure you guys will love it.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves