30 // Grant

"Are you ready?" I say into my phone, "I'm pulling up at your house right now."

"Yeah," Venice sounds flustered, "I'll be out soon."

After she hangs up, I get out of my car and walk up to her front door. Before I can even knock, Venice pulls it open and bumps into me. I grab her shoulders to steady her.

"Calm down," I chuckle, "There's no rush."

"Hi," she breathes, looking up and down my body, "you look nice."

I pause for a second, not believing that Venice just checked me out. I bite my lip before smiling at this beautiful girl, "So do you."

I clasp her petite hand, leading her to my car.

"So, where are we going?"

I smile once again, "The lake, sweetheart."

•••

"Holy shit," Venice says in awe, watching as the colors of the sunset fade into the lake.

"I know," I agree, sitting down next to her, "Did you enjoy dinner?"

"Of course," she says, "The peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were amazing, and not to mention those juice pouches."

"I literally can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not."

Her blue eyes capture mine, "Grant, this is beyond perfect. You don't understand how happy I am right now."

"I'm glad that I'm the one to make you this happy."

She shuts her eyes and moves to rest her head on my shoulder. When she opens her eyes to look at me, I become overwhelmed with so many emotions for this masterpiece of a girl. Never have I felt more sure about liking Venice Waters.

"Can I kiss you?" I whisper, running my thumb over her bottom lip. My heart races as I wait for her response.

Her eyes flicker down to my mouth, and that's enough of an answer to me.

I slowly press my lips against her, slightly smiling. It's messy and passionate, and the only thing on my mind is Venice. Her fingers lace with my hair, tugging on them, enticing a groan from me.

She pulls back and laughs, "Did you just groan?"

I feel my face heat up, "No."

"You so did!"

I shut Venice up by kissing her again.

________________________

YAAAAAAAS. WE JUST GOT A KISS. WHOOOOOT. OKAY, WOW, THIS IS SO EXCITING.

I'M SORRY IF I SUCKED AT WRITING THAT SCENE.

BUT ENJOY, MY ISLANDERS.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves