42

"How does it feel to be back in school?" Grant asks as we both walk towards the entrance of school.

     "Like shit," I respond, which makes him laugh.

     "It's our last year in high school, and it'll be a breeze," he ducks down and kisses my cheek, "Relax, babe."

     I jokily push him away, "Relax? I'm not one here who needs to relax. You spent the last week worrying about this day."

     Grant pouts, "That's not true, Venice."

     "It so is," I laugh, "What about seeing our friends?"

     "I see that you forgot most of them graduated already," Grant comments.

     "It's not my fault you decided to befriend older people!"

     "You became friends with them, too," Grant exclaims, "and they're only a year older!"

     "Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe."

     "I love you, but I swear to god that--"

     I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms, "That you'll what?"

     A look of fear crosses through Grant's stormy gray eyes. He takes off his snap back, runs his fingers through his hair out of nervousness, and puts it back on again, "That I'll smother you with kisses?"

     "Good answer," I say, patting his chest.

     Then, Grant engulfs me into a hug and presses kisses all over my face, "I love you!"

     "Gra-- Grant! What the hell are you doing?" I exclaim, trying to get out of his steel hold.

     "I said that I'll smother you with kisses, so I'm doing so."

     "People are looking!"

     "Let them look," my boyfriend says in a low voice before skimming my lips with a feather touch before pulling back, "Oh, no. The bell is ringing."

     "Wha--"

     "Gotta go, love!" Grant cackles before running away, "Have a wonderful day!"

     I'm left in a stupor before coming to my senses, "We have first period together!"

     I run after him.

_________________

EARLY UPDATE BECAUSE WE HIT 1K VOTES.

And my babes. They're so grown up!

However,

time

is

ticking

away.

Only eight chapters to go, including the epilogue.

vote•comment•follow

--thyselves

p.s. I'm so close to 400 followers! Thank you all so much :D

p.s.s. #22 was short-lived, but it was great.