Chapter 1

• Dedicated to everyone who took the time to read this!

///Chapter 1\\\

 I live in a world that defines us based on the day we were born. I was born on May fifth, and therefore am expected to be very shy and not like change, I am expected to think things through before leaping into action. We are expected to be exactly as our sign says we are. This is the world of Corrum.

My name is Luna, derived from the word loon which means moon. Many people name their kids after their signs or something that has to do with the sky. According to my parents, being a Taurus like I am is one of the best signs you can be. They are both Taurus' as well.

Corrum is a very organized world, split into twelve sections with land and living environments, based on their sign. We are not allowed to have any kind of contact with people from other Sign Lands, as they have been deemed. If you are found speaking to or meeting or even just making eye contact with one on a day that is not meant for all the signs to gather then you are hung. No trial, no trying to plead your case, you are just hung. We are not supposed to find anything wrong with this System, but I do.

I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves and explain why the did what they did but it seems I am the only one in all of Taurus Sign Land that does. I voiced my opinions to my parents once and they threatened to have me locked up for thinking such odd thoughts. That was another thing I found wrong. You are not allowed to speak against the System or voice anything that might be wrong with it, but isn't seeing what is wrong and fixing it better than just leaving it to rust in the sands of time until one day it is so bad that it breaks.

I have never known anyone from outside of Taurus Sign Land but wish I had. I wish I knew someone who shared the same feelings with me about or System but when you are around people who are exactly like you in terms of behaviours and thoughts you get bored with it.

I am considered a strange child. I voice my opinions all the time and am not weak and shy like the other children in my classes. I am much smarter then my fellow classmates and louder a lot of the times. I have been sent to the head office numerous times for being disruptive or for arguing back to the teacher.

Being sent to the head office is not a good thing. Usually people who are sent even once don't come back out. To have gone in and out so many times with out just vanishing like the others seem to do it interesting to me. I don't know what happens to them but you are only sent to the head office if you are challenging the System. I go because I challenge the teacher and I'm sure when I graduate high school I will be closely watched to see if I am doing anything to challenge them.

I have tried often to reform and act like my other classmates but if one of them says something I disagree with I just can't contain myself, and try to prove them wrong. I often believe I was put into the wrong Sign Land but when I asked my parents they told me that they knew for sure that I was a Taurus because they planned to have me in this time so they could keep at least one of their children. I still don't believe them, but I can't just ask someone about it because anyone else would report me and I would be moved.

When someone is moved they are put first into a psychiatric hospital and doctors perform loads of tests on them to see if there is something mentally wrong or if they are just being difficult. If they are just being difficult the people are put into a class to help them realize there 'true' self. If they do well they are aloud back into society but if they don't they are hung. I have only heard and read of these things and have not actually seen it, though one day I wish to.

I am surprised I have not been moved myself yet but perhaps there is something I don't know about me. Although it could also be that they don't try anything on children because our minds are too young and vulnerable. Thinking of it I had never heard of someone younger than eighteen being moved.