Chapter 7

///Chapter 7\\\

Luna's POV

“You.”

“What?” The prince asks. There was no way but that hair those eyes.

“No.” I say closing my eyes. “It’s all a dream. I’m going to wake up now.” I open my eyes and the prince is still there, a hint of concern, confusion and amusement in his eyes. “No, no, no.”

“Luna?” He asks and I can’t believe I didn’t recognize the voice before.

“The other girl? You met her in a back road on the day of the festival.” I say and he looks at me shocked and confused.

“How did you…?” He trails and looks at me confused. He moves his hand up and shields the light from my face and his eyes widen in realization. “Oh my goodness. How did I not realize?” He leans away from me and sits cross legged on the bed, staring at me wide eyed.

“I didn’t either.” I say sitting up. He looks lost in thought before saying something under his breath and getting up quickly. He walked over to his dresser and pulled open one of the drawers and rummaged around in it until he found something.

“I believe this is yours then?” he asks, holding up my necklace.

I sigh in relief and take it from his offering hand. The necklace was the whole reason I had demanded to go to my house this morning. I freaked out when I realized I had lost it. It wasn’t that important but it was still mine and it was another sign of speaking against the System.

“I actually probably shouldn’t take it.” I say offering it back to him and he looks at me confused. “They’re illegal.” I say and he bursts out laughing.

“Of all the things you’ve done or said to me you’re worried about a necklace?” he laughs and I realize how stupid I’m being.

“Why didn’t you have me arrested? I spoke against you and the system and you still didn’t call for anyone.” I ask and he shrugs.

“I liked you. You were one of the only ones willing to do it to a complete stranger. Like I said then you intrigued me.”

“But I could have caused a revolt and you would have been blamed.” I say and he shrugs again.

“I would have had to deal with it then. Does it really matter?” he asks.

“No.” I mutter and he smiles. He holds the smile for a while before it falters. “What?”

“What were you dreaming about? You were thrashing wildly and wouldn’t let anyone touch you.”

“Nothing.” I say and look away from him, getting out from under the covers.

“It was something. You looked like you were being attacked.” He says, standing up as well.

“It’s not a big deal.” I say, turning my back to him and making the bed, anything to keep my eyes from betraying me.

“Yes it was.” He says, looking at me but I refuse to look at him. My eyes always told the truth no matter what I did I couldn’t hide my true emotions.

“Not it’s not.” I say, moving to make another corner of the bed.

“Yes it is.” He says and I give him a quick glare, hoping he’ll drop it but of course he doesn’t.

“No it’s not now will you please drop it.” I say, finishing up the corner and moving over to the other side where he’s standing.

“Yes it is and I’m not going to drop it. I’ve never seen someone do that while they sleep and it worries me.”