Chapter 12

///Chapter 12\\\

Luna's POV

The room was decorated with streamers and a large banner that read happy birthday. I had completely forgot about the fact that but was my birthday. With everything that had happened in the last few days it hadn’t seemed important. I hadn’t even thought of it really.

“Luna.” Tyler’s voice breaks me from my thoughts and I notice he looks worried.

“I forgot.” I say quietly.

“Luna?” He asks my name more like a question now and I turn to him. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine I just can’t believe I forgot. It used to be such a big deal at home but now I forgot.” I say incredulously and turn to Tyler who still seems unsure of something, probably my reaction. I walked the two feet we were separated to him and hugged him tight. He was surprised for a moment before he hugged me back.

“Look around you Luna.” He whispers in my ear and I do, realizing Ariel is also with us and so are a few other people. I was surprised to recognize a few of them as people from my class. A few girls and even a few of the guys. Luckily whoever had decided to invite them had chosen well because at least these people I talked to and liked, except for one.

“Happy birthday Luna.” They chorus and I couldn’t help but smile.

“Thanks.” I say and a few of the girls come up to me to talk some more.

“I can’t believe you got picked!” Rain screeches excitedly but lowers her voice when she sees Tyler giving me a funny look. I can’t help but smile at him and laugh at how awkward he seems around all of the guys. “More importantly I can’t believe you’ve managed this long. You always complain about the Royals and now you’re apart of them.”

“Not yet and I still complain about them.” I tell her and she looks shocked.

“And they haven’t done anything?”

“Not yet.” I shrug.

“You shouldn’t be here.” The one girl, who was gossiping behind me the day I was brought here, sneered.

“And why is that?” I ask, I wished I could remember her name.

“Because of exactly what Rain said. You always complain about the Royals and you always said you would never take the prince. You’re such a hypocrite.”

“All right so I was too quick to judge. I do like the Royals but I don’t like what they stand for. And who said I was actually with the prince?” I demand.

“It’s pretty obvious.” She says, rolling her eyes.

“The fact that I hugged him doesn’t mean we’re together.” I say and she rolls her eyes again.

“Why else would you hug someone?” She asks and suddenly I remembered her name.

“Why Gelsi? Jealous?” I ask and she clenches her teeth. Gelsi or Jealousy as some of the girls in my class call her. We know it’s mean to be rude but sometimes she deserves it.

“I’m no jealous.” She sneers. “I just don’t like hypocrites.”

“I’m not a hypocrite.” I retort but before I can say anything more the other girl, Beau, interrupts us.

“Will you two relax? We were all invited to have a good time so let’s do that. No more arguing.” She says and I sigh.

“I agree.” I say and Gelsi nods too.

“One question though.” Gelsi says and I look at her expectantly. “Are you with him?”

“I honestly don’t know.” I say and she nods her head before turning around to talk to some of the guys.