Chapter 8

Dedicated to her for being so random she confused me!

///Chapter 8\\\

Prince's POV

I watched as Luna and Ariel disappeared down the hall. I had been so angry when I hadn't seen her in the hall. I had heard Ariel playing as we came down the hall and had immediately run here only to find her and Luna getting along perfectly.

I walked over to the piano and looked at the song Ariel had been playing and shook my head. It was the one she knew she wasn’t allowed to play but she did anyway. I had threatened to tell dad once but she had begged me not to and I just couldn’t stay mad at her. It was a beautiful melody, I had heard it before but I didn’t want her getting in trouble.

I pulled out a different song and began to play it, allowing my fingers to fly over the keys. I enjoyed playing and loved the way such a beautiful sound came from simply hitting a string with a mallet. I began to sing along with the melody but stopped abruptly when I heard someone stumble behind me. I turned in my seat to see Luna blushing furiously, the red of the blush brightening her eyes.

“I…I’m sor..sorry.” she stutters and shakes her head. “I thought I forgot something but I guess it’s not here.” She says turning to go but I stood up and grabbed her hand quickly, yanking her back into the room.

“Luna.” I say and she turns to me. “I’m sorry about earlier. I should have explained things better and I shouldn’t have been so rough.”

She looks at me surprised but just nods her head. She moved to walk away from me but I held on tight to her hand. I couldn’t explain it but I didn’t want her where I didn’t know where she was. She looked at my hand and then back up to my face, her eyes annoyed. Immediately I relaxed my hand and her expression softened.

“Was there anything else your majesty?” she asks.

“Why don’t you call me Tyler?” I ask. It had been bothering me for a while and now I wanted to know why.

“I don’t know.” She says, looking away from me. I knew she was lying but I wasn’t going to call her out on it.

“There’s got to be a reason.” I press and she sighs deeply.

“I suppose it’s just that it doesn’t feel right. You’re the prince and calling you by your first name just feels strange.” She says and I smile at her. “Don’t judge me. I know it’s weird but it’s the truth.”

“I’m not judging you.” I say in defense.

“But you implied it.” She challenges and I nod.

“I suppose.” I say and she looks at me strangely.

“You’re actually willing to admit it?” she asks.

“Yeah. If it’s the truth then why not?” I say “Why is it that whenever I do something even remotely nice you always question it?”

“Because it just doesn’t seem right.” She says and I raise an eyebrow at her. “Fine I’ll admit I stereotyped you pretty harshly and so far you’ve defied everything about it except for one thing…” She trails and I look at her expectantly, waiting for her to finish.

“And what’s that?” I ask when she doesn’t.

“I’m not going to tell you.” She says.

“And why not?”

“Because it could hurt your feelings.” She says and I smile.

“And that would stop you because why? If I recall correctly you’ve told me flat out that you don’t like me.” I say and she blushes slightly but it’s vanishes immediately.