Chapter 16

///Chapter 16\\\

Luna's POV

Tyler was right. As soon as we walked through the door Ariel was at my side pestering me with questions.

“Where did you go? What happened to you? What happened between the two of you? Are you going to answer me or not?” She demands and I have to stop myself from laughing.

“I was waiting for you to take a breath.” I say and she rolls her eyes. “I went to a spot Tyler showed me. I just needed to think for a bit that’s all.” I tell her but from her narrowed eyes I can tell she doesn’t believe me.

“Fine whatever. Did you know you run extremely fast?” She asks me and a smile spreads across my face. Typical Ariel, change topics right away.

“I’ve been told.” I say and she continues to talk about something or another but I don’t actually listen. Instead I nod here and there and think about what Tyler and I just discussed.

It would be nice to start over with him, no more bad feelings or arguments or hitting for that matter. Actually being nice. I think I can do it although being nice hasn’t always been my best quality.

“Luna.” Tyler whispers in my ear and I give him a confused look. He nodded over to where Ariel was looking at me expectantly.

“So…” She trails.

“Yes.” I say hesitantly and she screeches excitedly.

“Oh this is going to be so much fun.” She squeals and I look to Tyler with a ‘what did I just get myself into’ look but he doesn’t see it as he is laughing. “We’ll go right after lunch.”

“Sure.” I say with a smile even though I still don’t know what’s going on.

“Hello Luna.” The King says as he enters the room.

“Hello.” I say back and he smiles, flicking his gaze from me to Tyler. I notice the questioning look in his eyes but before even I can ask something Tyler speaks.

“Let’s sit. Lunch will be here in moments.” I nodded in agreement but I still gave him a confused look that he chooses to ignore.

I sat beside Tyler and across from Ariel. It wasn’t long before the platters were set before us again. I sneaked glances at Tyler the whole time, trying to figure out what the questioning look from his dad was. He met my gaze once or twice but looked away just as quickly and I sighed annoyed.

“Is something wrong Luna?” Ariel asks.

“No. Nothing.” I say with a smile. I think she can see through my lie but she doesn’t push it.

Suddenly a knock came from the dining hall and a soldier stepped in.

“I’m sorry for interrupting.” He says bowing lowly. “I need to speak with your Majesties. In private.” He says and his gaze flicks to me.

“Alright.” The King says standing up and Tyler does as well. Tyler gives my shoulder a squeeze before stepping out into the hall.

“Any idea what that’s about?” I ask Ariel and she shakes her head.

“It probably has to do with some dispute. They don’t like me to worry so they never tell me.” She says bitterly and I smile even through the knot in my stomach. The look he gave me was unnerving and I didn’t like it.

“Does this happen often?”

“About once or twice a month.” She shrugs and I nod. I continued to eat the lunch but didn’t really taste it. I was to busy looking at the door and waiting for them to reenter. They had been out there quite a while again.