Chapter 13

///Chapter 13\\\

Tyler's POV

I walked slowly away from Luna. I didn’t want to go. I didn’t want another guy being near her but she would have yelled at me for being possessive I just know she would have. I sat beside my dad and watched in pain as she danced with they guy, smiling and laughing every once in a while.

“Why’d you do it?” Dad asks and I turn to him.

“Because I know her. She would have said something for me being mean to him and been upset at me the rest of the night.” I sigh and dad chuckles.

“Do you know why I choose her son?” He asks and I look at him confused. “Because she’s strong minded, independent and willing to tell someone what she thinks. If I’m right she won’t take no for an answer easily and she’s already told you she doesn’t like us or at least not what we stand for.”

“How did you…” I trail.

“She is your mother in every aspect but stronger. She even looks like her.”

“You choose her because of all these things?” I ask and he nods his head.

“I wanted her to be strong, show you sides of an argument you wouldn’t regularly see and she’s done that hasn’t she? She will be good for you, your mother was for me but you grandfather was so set on keeping the rules the same that even now I still can’t seem to break them. I hope you can for your own sake. Things need to change and I have a feeling she’s the one who’s going to change them.” He says and I look back to her. She caught my gaze for a moment before turning back to her partner.

“She probably will be.” I agree.

As the song ended I got up to go meet Luna only to be seated again when I saw another boy come up to her and ask to dance. I didn’t want to admit to myself that the feeling stirring deep in my stomach was jealousy. I cared for Luna, that much was obvious but to say I was jealous of another guy touching her, laughing with her, it scared me.

I watched annoyed as another guy cut in and danced with Luna but I refused to believe it was jealousy. It was probably just something I ate disagreeing with my stomach. I noticed Luna glancing over at me more and more often as if asking me why I left. It was only after the fifth guy asked to dance with her after as many songs did I get up and walk over to her. She had been laughing and smiling more with him then any of the others and she hadn’t glanced at me once since taking him as her partner.

I tapped the guy she was currently with on the shoulder and he turned to me before respectfully bowing his head. I wanted to smirk at the fact that he was still beneath me but with Luna so close I couldn’t even think of doing it.

“If you don’t mind I’d like to dance with my fiancée.” I say with just a trace of annoyance in my tone.

“Of course your Majesty.” He says and walks away slowly, raising his head and winking at Luna before turning away. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to me, locking my arms around her and not allowing her to move.

“Tyler let go of me.” She says annoyed but I just tighten my grip.

“Why did he wink at you?” I ask and she gives me an annoyed look.

“I’m not telling you.” She says and I tighten my grip on her again. “Ow Tyler let go that hurts.”

“Not until you tell me why.” I say and she glares at me.

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because you’re acting like this. Let go of me and maybe I’ll tell you.” She says and I loosen my grip but don’t let her go.