THE FEMALE BODYGUARD - CHAPTER ONE

SARAH:

I was staring at the man who was about to become my next employer. Perhaps studying him would be the better word. Late forties, average height and build with a clean shaven face and neatly combed hair. He was nice to look at until he opened his mouth. He was talking quickly, however I wasn't listening.

Seventeen years old and this would be my thirteenth client. I've had my share of jobs and each one of them has almost got me killed.

Since I was twelve years old I had been looking out for people in some way. In the beginning it involved mostly small things, such as befriending the children of clients and watching over them. Spying on them and finding out their dirty little secrets got me bonuses.

Some might wonder why on earth I started doing this. My mother had been a bodyguard for most of her twenties until she met my dad. She was his bodyguard until she fell in love. She fell pregnant quickly and my dad married her to save face. She died protecting him from a intruder when I was ten. About a month after he buried her he moved on with his new girlfriend and kicked me out. My grandparents took me in, but they both died in the span of two years. Yeah, my childhood was amazing.

When I was fifteen I was approached by a wealthy oil baron wanting a fake girlfriend for his son. Apparently his son had gotten involved with some shady people and his dad wanted someone to look out for him, and to make sure he didn't make any other stupid mistakes. He knew I was in need of money and made me a deal I couldn't refuse. So I continued with the family business passed on by my mother, making a living by protecting wealthy people who were too stupid to stay out of trouble.

I quit that job after six months as the idiot son decided to get involved with bigger drug dealers who specialised in murder. I was almost killed by an arrow, but his drug hazed mind didn't get it. I had gotten enough from them to start off a new life but it wasn't enough. Life got too quiet without any one to watch over. Eventually I returned to watching over the children of the elite for a hefty fee. Parents these days didn't want their offspring making their own mistakes and instead wanted to control them through a sixteen year old girl.

Around my seventeenth birthday I found Tori. The orphaned child of a late wealthy land owner who got both he and his wife killed in a freak accident, she was huddled under a bush in the front lawn of her blown up house. I took her in and made her my fake little sister. When she found out about my job that pays so well she decided to do what I do. To this day, I refuse to let her touch a kitchen knife.

I heard the distant voice talking to me, and I snapped back into reality.

"Well Sarah you've obviously got the job. Tyler will be home from school in a couple of hours so drop by the house to meet him. I look forward to working with you." I stood up and shook his hand, faking a smile.

"And you too Mr Wilson. Thank you for this opportunity. I am ready to take on this job and your trust. I will need you to fill me in on some minor details and every thing will be perfect." He smiled, letting go of my hand which dropped back to my side.

"Oh yes of course. Now I do have to remind you, my son Tyler likes playing with women such as yourself and I won't allow any funny business to happen between you two." Internally I was rolling my eyes. If you taught your son good manners and how to respect women you wouldn't have such a disgusting son. "That is why I was hesitant in hiring you, as you are female." Sexist pig. "As you are a very appealing girl, and I don't want my sons life being in danger because he uses his charms on you."

I laughed while internally I was screaming. If Tyler was anything like his dad I'm pretty sure I would have no trouble keeping well away from his 'charms'.