The Female Bodyguard...Chapter 5 (New)

• Dedicated to To my dad...up in the sky <3 xxx

After a long day of school without a single free period, I had listened to teachers scream at the students, to Dylan (my so called 'new best friend') who continually wanted to know about Tyler and I, and also had to ignore all the death glares I got, especially from Yasmin Miker. Of course, she was the popular girl that is at every high school.

During lunch, when I was alone in the bathroom, she came up to me. She told me she wanted to ruin Tyler's reputation and said she was going to out me as Tyler's bodyguard  if I didn't help her. I didn't care about the threat. I could take care of her. But since she was asking to end the asshole, I was in.

Yasmin decided to become my new best friend, much to the dislikes of Dylan, who I'd nicknamed Annoying Fluro Girl.

After the bell went signaling the end of school, I dragged myself into detention. I had gotten three detention slips, and in this school, three slips means an after school with Mr Bailey. He disliked me the instant my stilettos stepped in his thresh hold. I flicked my slip onto his desk and strutted over to my desk In the back of the room. I gently slid into the chair, leaning over the desk. I was the only one in the room.

"Ah, Tyler has finally arrived. We now can start." Tyler placed his slip on Mr Bailey's desk and looked over to me. He glanced at my boobs, liking the look. I smirked.

"See something you like?" Tyler grinned, raising an eyebrow.

"You shouldn't sell yourself short Sarah." He slid into the closest desk tot the front of the room and pulled out the history textbook. Maybe he wasn't the dumb jock after all, or maybe it had something to do with his up tight father.

"Well, you should have told me last night." I winked when he glanced over his shoulder, and sat back in my seat. Tyler opened his mouth to reply, but Mr Bailey interjected.

"Detention is a punishment, not a flirting session. Silence is the first rule in detention. The second is don't leave. Now shut up the both of you and stay that way for the next hour."

****

A hour later, I stumbled into my apartment, exhausted from my first day. I dumped my bag on the table and tossed my keys on the bench, wondering into Tori's room. She was lying on her bed, head phones, music turned up full blast. I stood there for a moment, arms crossed, leaning against the door frame.

Tori was beautiful, and had grown so much since I found her. Her long dark blond hair spilled around her, her green eyes were closed as she hummed along to the music. I walked over to her bed and plonked down next to her. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey Sarah." She pulled out her head phones and sat up.

"Hey, how was your first day at school? Make any new friends?"

"Yeah is was good! And I met a few people. There's Sasha and Evelyn, and Dansy and Louis. Louis is kind of cute, but since he's going out with Dansy, it wouldn't be right liking him. Then there's the popular girl, Jasmin, who's older cousin is Yasmin. From your school? Yeah, well she's really pretty but really snobby. And she's dating this guy Robbie, who was the first person I saw when I walked into school, so she kind of hates me now 'cos she thinks I'm in love with Robbie and yeah." She took a deep breath and smiled. "Then there's Mrs Bailey. I don't think she likes me much. Sasha tells me that her husband is someone at your school. So anyway, why were you late home?"

"Mr Bailey gave me three detention slips, which means after school detention for an hour with him in silence. That's why I was late." I squeezed her knee and got up, walking towards the door. Tori placed her iPod on her bed and followed me to the kitchen. She started to search the cupboards for food, but ended up empty handed.

"Whats for dinner, since there is no food in the cupboard. I really feel like pizza, just to give you a hint of what I want." She winked, her head disappearing into the fridge searching for the last bottle of soft drink.

"Sorry Tor's, I'm going out with a friend tonight. You'll be going to the Daniel's in the next street. They've offered to watch you till I get back. You can do your homework, if you have any.  And if I hear from them you've been good, I might buy you that blue silk scarf tomorrow while I'm food shopping tomorrow after school." Tori smiled, popping open the can and taking a sip. I smiled, wiping down the bench with a damp cloth. "Hey, go change out of your uniform. And go tidy up your room. You really don't want your big sister to kill you if you don't. And we're leaving in two hours." She placed the can onto  the clean bench and walked back into her room. I grabbed the can and placed it back into the fridge, before heading into my own room.

My room was cluttered with dirty clothes, shoes, blankets that had fallen off my bed and paper from my desk. The bed that sat in the middle of the small room  was unmade, and the sheets tangled with each other. The small desk in the corner was piled high with stray clothes, schoolwork and text books, with a silver laptop which was open on top. The dresser was open and clothes were spilling out of it. You couldn't see the carpet nor the bright purple rug on the ground. I sighed, surveying the mess. To big to clean now, so I decided to put it off till later. I walked over to the bed and jumped on, staring at the ceiling.

"Wow Sarz, you really should clean your room. You really don't want your big sister to kill you if you don't." I looked up and saw Tori, who was leaning against the door frame, smiling at me with her arms crossed. She had changed out of her uniform into trackies and a hoodie, with bed socks on her feet. She smiled at me, turning and leaving to go back to her room. I groaned, pulling myself up and looked around the messy room. Maybe I did have time after all.

****

"Tori lets go. I'm gonna be late!" Two hours later and I was ready to walk out the door, but I had to wait for Tori. "Come on Tori!"

"I'm coming! Just let me get my shoes on!" I sighed, dropping my black handbag on the floor and leaning against the wall.

"You've had 2 hours to get ready! I've got to get you to the Daniel's. We're going to late." A moment later, I heard the squeak of her sneakers on the hardwood floor. "Finally. Lets go."

We set out for the Daniels in the next street. It was about a five minute walk.

"I do not take 2 hours to get ready. I just needed to get my shoes on, thats all." I smiled. My phone beeped, a message from Yasmin.

-Where r u? At the place u told me 2 b! Hurry up!

I quickly texted back that I was a little late because of Tori and tucked my phone into my back pocket. Tori turned around, walking backwards to face me. She smiled. "Now, as I was saying-"

BEEEEEEP!

The car horn was deafening as it skidded, trying to stop. The sound of metal and glass hitting Tori was sickening. She flew into the windshield, cracking the glass. She over the top of the car like a rag doll and rolled onto the road, every inch of her bare skin was covered in cuts and blood. Her leg was twisted in a funny way and her elbow was swollen purple.

I screamed.

****

"Miss? Please, look at me. Are you her legal guardian?" I looked up to a paramedic, looking at me with concern in her eyes. I was sitting on the curb, watching them work on Tori, every sound sounding so far away.

"Yes. I am legal guardian."

"Would you please come with us, we're leaving to go to the hospital."

I wiped the tears that had fallen onto my cheek and stood up. I followed the paramedic into the van, and cried harder when I saw her broken body.

"Please don't die Tori."