The Female Bodyguard...Chapter 8 (New)

Sarah Michelle:

"How on earth did you manage to get into a fight with Lane Dine? What the hell were you doing at the park anyway? Your dad said you were at home." Tyler and I were at the hospital. I was currently sitting on a bed, waiting for the doctor to bring back some painkillers. "Answer me Tyler." I was seriously pissed at him at the moment and was very tempted to give him a bloody nose.

"I don't know. I was bored. So I went for a walk and ended up at the park."

"You were bored? Bloody hell Tyler. I have a broken nose and missed my first day of work because of you. Couldn't you have stay out of trouble for five seconds?" He shrugged.

"I don't know! They circled me and as you saw there were like 5 guys there. I couldn't let them pummel my pretty face!"

"So you let them pummel mine?!" He looked guilty for a moment.

"Yes?" He saw my expression and started to stuttered. "But-but why were you going to work anyway? You have a good job working for me and my dad and he pays good money so why did you need another job?" He eyed me cautiously waiting for me to explode.

"Hospital bills Tyler. I have a kid sister who can barely manage eating without help. I need the money Tyler. We all can't all have rich daddy's who'll pay for everything." I spat the last sentence out. I used to have a rich dad until he became a son of a bitch, fucking the nearest maid.

"Look, if you need help just ask. Your right, dad has enough money to pay for some medical bills. We-" I held up my hand to stop him.

"I don't need your help. I don't want you help. I barely like working for you so I refuse to accept any help from people like you."

"People like me?"

"People who stare down their noses to people like me, barely managing to get by. People who think they are better than me because they can afford anything in the world pretty much and I can't anymore. People and their kids who don't work for anything and there better off. So yes Tyler, people like you." He was silent for a moment; the only sound was me catching my breath. Having a broken nose certainly didn't help me breathing.

"I am nothing like-" Tyler started to speak but was cut off by the doctor who came in holding my medication. And with what I could read of the packet, it was the good stuff.

"Alrighty. You'll take one of these twice a day, one after breakfast and one after dinner before you go to bed. Make sure you don't take them on an empty stomach because you don't want to be vomiting for the next 6 hours." Tyler's face screwed up.

"Eww gross. Don't worry, I'll make sure she's a good little girls and takes her pills the right way. I'm not going to be dry retching when you're vomiting everywhere." I rolled my eyes.

"Just ignore him doc, I usually do." He smiled, nodding his head. Tyler scowled.

"Hey! I'm right here!" I grunted, grabbing the medication and reaching for my bag. But before I could grab it, Tyler snatched the bag from my grasp and took my medication out of my hands. "Come on Sarah. Lets get you home without you smashing your car." He headed for the door. "Or my face."

"I heard that!" I could hear him smirking.

"I know!"

-&-

"Thank you so much Sarah. I was right about you all along. A great investment on my behalf. I knew you would protect my son, even if this was just the problem of bullying." I looked up at Mr Welton with disbelief written all over my face. I usually have a lot of respect for Mr Welton, the man who built an empire from nothing, who would only hire the best for his son (not to toot my own but I really was that good) and who would get through his wife's death with a brave face, never breaking and being strong for his son. But now I got it. Everything and everyone he did business with was just an investment. He didn't see them as a person, he saw them as a money making machine. Keep them happy, they'd continue to make his life sweeter using money or other services. He was just as vain and selfish as everyone else.