Day One |part 1|

"Hey bubs," George spoke as he motioned for me to sit next to him.

"Hey, bub." I smiled and moved forwards. We practically have the same nickname for each other... how creative, right?

"Shiloh, this is my son, Hunter." He said gesturing to his son.

"Sup dawg, how's it going home skillet," I waved. I can already tell that George immediately regretted introducing him to me.

Throughout dinner, Hunter and I bonded over video games and who's a more skilled player. He obviously doesn't know a thing about a true gamer girl and what she can do to those blithering campers that call themselves "good". We also discussed how Battlefield is way better than Call Of Duty but he doesn't agree. I mean come on... it takes more skill to kill in Battlefield than in COD. Words of wisdom.

After Dinner my parents and George left to go talk, leaving Hunter and me to mingle but he had things to do so he left early then his father, thirty minutes later.

"We're leaving tomorrow at nine so pack all of your stuff now... seeing how you probably won't get up till eight-thirty." My mother said before leaving me to pack. She probably was right. I normally like to sleep in till ten or eleven.

------------

Morning came faster than what I wanted. We grabbed all of our suitcases and bags then walked downstairs with the help of our guards then squeezed our way into the limo.

"On the road again. I can't wait to be on the road again." I sang, quoting Donkey from 'Shrek'.

"Shiloh, tomorrow when we get back I'll need you to come with me to the office." My father said looking down at a newspaper with his glasses on the brim of hs nose.

"Why?"

"Because I'm getting old and I need someone to take over the business. Plus you are getting to the age where it is appropriate to appoint you as my little padawan." He smiled and looked at me.

"Do I have to?" I whined like a little kid.

"Yes. Besides being a CEO isn't all that bad." He shrugged. 

That's because he's been a CEO for the past twenty-five years and I've just been the CEO's daughter for the past twenty years and seeing all that paperwork on his desk from time to time was no joke.

The ride to the airport only took thirty minutes but the ride back to Chicago was 3 hours of torture when the flight attendant was being a little butt and made me sit next to a whiny 3-year-old and a mother that can care less about the kid.

After we got back to the mansion I basically passed out on my way to my room and was carried upstairs because I was too lazy and Lizzy, our maid, would be super pissed if I drooled all over the carpet.

----------

The next day my father set my alarm for seven A.M. Waking up with a big gruff, I slammed on the alarm and practically broke it so it would turn off. I'm not exactly a morning person and not waking up before eight for the past three years has made my morning anger increase by the thousands.

I got up and shuffled towards the bathroom then turned the shower on before I began brushing my teeth. I then washed the toothpaste out of my mouth and got undressed then headed into the shower singing/yelling Chandler by Sia as loud as possible while holding my back scrub as a replacement for a mic until I heard a knock at the door.

"You have ten minutes to get dressed before I send your mother to come and fetch you!" He yelled through the door before I heard my bedroom door shut.