Step Two: Be gone with you Heathen!... or Nah.

After our discussion and an entire latte later, Hunter decided to send me home because he had meetings for the rest of the day. So I gladly obliged and went home without a look back or else I would have felt bad for his oh so poor bowel.

"Yes mom, I picked up the crackers and cheese cubes for the party tonight... what? But mom." I whined as I practically dragged all of my being back out the door. "Fine... bye." And back to the store I go.

If I go to Walmart do you think the guests will notice the difference between $60 wine and $400 wine... nah.

I hopped onto my bike and left to Walmart.

As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a crusty sales person and a little girl trying to sell some cheap $1 chocolate named 'Worlds Finest'. I bet it is disgusting but being the generous person I am, I bought the rest of the chocolate that was left in his box.

"That will be... $38 please." The little girl said.

"Hmm." I searched my purse. "All I have is $100. Here." I grabbed all the chocolates and stuffed them in my purse then walked into the store.

"Long time no see." I nudged the man in front of me as soon as I got to the wine aisle.

He turned around. "You."

"What, can't be mad at me."

"Let me guess. Apart of your 'get out of jail free' plan huh?"

"Wha- How do you know?" I pointed at Hunter.

"You accidentally slipped at the end of the last chapter."

"What chapter?" I said before whispering, "shhh they can't know this is scripted." They said as they looked outside of the window that was blocking them from the real world.

"Anyways, I missed some important meetings because of your stunt." He began squinting his eyes.

"Better out than in." I snapped my fingers.

"You're gross." He gave me a toothy grin. "So what's your father's favorite dessert?"

"French crème brûlée... why?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because I want to know." He walked away.

-------------------
"Oh! Darling, this wine is fantastic! Where did you buy it?" Aunt Clara, a woman who isn't actually my aunt but is my mother's best friend, asked.

"Oh, you know that store mmmm... Walmart on uh Frank drive and Lucinda Avenue?"

"Oh yes. In Jenkins County. But please don't tell me you got this from Walmart." She almost gagged.

"Oh no. Of course not. I got this bottle near Walmart... You know that fancy store somewhere near there."

"Oh yes, Wine Elaganza. Magnifique darling." She gave me a kiss on the cheek then walked away To another crowd, not before grabbing another glass of wine off the serving plate.

I chuckled then walked over to the dessert area where I saw crème brûlée being served onto the table and my father eyeing it from across the room. I grabbed a square cheddar cheese and a cracker before swiftly turning back around and bumping into a man's chest. Not a woman's... I think I'd know if there was a woman taller than 5'7 here.