Chapter Seven

Thank you for reading my garbage 

Chapter Seven

It was nice to know our five year friendship was easily swallowed up by some creepy dude at a cemetery. Definitely saw that one coming. Of course she'd choose a boy over me. Of course.

It's only logical she'd fall in love with a freak, she wants to be a freak too.

Freak.

I kept bad-mouthing Maggie, though of course, everything that came out of my mouth, or popped into my thoughts was stuff that I didn't even believe.

I loved Maggie no matter what. -Even if she choose a boy she just met over me. Not that, that's what she actually did. I had been a bit immature to stomp out and leave her like that.

She had it coming, though. Of all the years I have stood beside her and defended her, she shouldn't have treated me like that.

Though, in her defense, I treated her just as wrongly.

I made it to the entrance of the cemetery, the only thing that had been on my mind, was the fact that I was leaving, it never occurred to me how I was going to do it.

I didn't realize the gates were shut.

Why the hell were the gates shut?

"Oh God no." I whined as I tried to tug on the gate's door, pushing and pulling it each and every way to try and get it to open.

It wouldn't budge.

This was not how my master escape plan was supposed to go.

"Damn it Parity." I mumbled to myself as I glanced around to see if there as any possible way I could climb over it, but of course, there was no way.

What was I supposed to do? Go back inside? My pride would be crushed, Maggie would never let me live it down. I couldn't go back inside whether my life depended on it.

"You're a terrible person, Avril." I sighed as I slumped my shoulders. Talking to myself was the only way to redeem that I have done wrong.

At least I could admit it.

I looked back over to the large (what probably was millions of dollars worth) mansion, only to be greeted by the sight of Maggie walking out. Her face was completely red, as if she had seen something she probably shouldn't have.

I turned my back to her, pretending that I was still heading for the gate. Maybe she wouldn't realize that I was trapped in here. That we were trapped in here.

"Avi." She said, her voice nearly trembling. "I've realized that my standards are quite low, too low in fact. "

I shrugged, as I dared not to look at her, "Don't apologize, I don't want to hear it."

"I really am sorry."

She wasn't. Something happened, I would believe someone convinced her to tear her own pride down and say sorry to me, before I would believe that she actually was just that. Sorry.

I tore down the wall of my anger quite slightly, as I began to feel concern for my dear friend, "Maggie?" She was hanging her head in shame, like she was guilty of something. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" She has done quite a lot of bad things to me in the past, and never once did she feel this guilty.

Something did indeed happen.

After a few moments of her wallowing in silence, I spoke up yet again; "Did Mr. Parity do something?" That could be the only explanation. What else could have happened if it weren't for him?

"Let's leave."

"Maggie, answer me."

"Please, can't we just go?" Her tone was quick, and quite stern. It were almost as if she were about to cry.

I stared at her for a long moment, anger welding inside of me, "Tell me what he did."

"Avril-" As she began to speak, the front gates opened, Mr. Parity walked out of the large building, and made his way over to us. "Ms. Adler." he spoke as he stared at me, "Might I have a word with you before you run off? It is rude to leave without a proper goodbye, and I do feel hurt."

"What did you do to Maggie?" I asked not even bothered over the fact that he just sounded like a creep. Even like a stalker that probably didn't want to let us leave.

"I didn't lay a finger on her."

"I don't believe you."

He stared at me for a few moments, the mask on his face brought out the eeriness that had already been radiating off of him. "It is not up to you to assume things. If I said I didn't touch her, then I did no such thing."

Maggie was staring at him, her face was an even darker shade of red than before.

"Then what the hell happened between you two?"

He held his hand out, "I have to speak with you, please come with me. I'll tell you everything you would like to know."

"Why on earth would I come with you?"

"You really should." Maggie said, as she slowly turned her head over to look at me, "Just do it."

I gave her an 'are you crazy' look, but seeing the the guilty look that she was giving me, I decided to obey.

But if he tried anything funny, I was not going to hesitate on punching him as hard as I could.

As if reading my thoughts, Mr. Parity spoke up, "I have left the gate open for you. If I were to do any harm to you, you are free to escape."

I sighed, and walked over to him, though I didn't take his hand. There was no way I wanted to touch him.

A smile crept onto his lips, and we began to make our way down a path, away from Maggie. I looked back to see her staring at me. It was weird, but I almost thought I had seen the look of anger, or jealousy in her face. Though, I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

"I don't lie, and I don't speak to make people feel comfortable, so I'm going to make this as simple as possible." He said as I was mentally screaming for him to stay away from me.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." I said simply, and he smiled wider.

"I have a preposition for you, in fact, I believe it's something you could enjoy."

I doubt it. "Really? What is it?"

He stopped in front of a large tree that was decorated in ribbon, I stopped beside him. He looked at me, making eye-contact so effortlessly, after a minute of silence, he spoke up; "I want you to work here with me."