Chapter Forty-Two

Oh wow I love Ezra Scott you should go check out his story on my profile. He's a jerk just like me :) (also Cain Luther's story is also there oops shameless advertisement)

Chapter Forty-Two

I woke up to Elias beside me, his long arms wrapped around me as if he were afraid I was going to leave him.   

I couldn't imagine ever doing so.

I had on nothing but his shirt, and I cringed at the thought of going back home and having to face Maggie knowing exactly what she knows we did. Knowing her, she was probably waiting to talk to me about it. Ready to quiz me on every detail.

I buried my face in the pillow and groaned.

Elias spoke without even opening his eyes, "You're rather loud in the morning."

"Sorry." I mumbled and tried to sit up knowing we had yet another busy day ahead, but instead, Elias pulled me closer against his chest.

His mouth was inches from my ear as he whispered, "If you leave I will slit your throat."

I bit back a laugh, "I didn't realize you weren't a morning person."

He buried his face into my neck, "Today I am not."

"I'm pretty sure we have things to do, Elias."

"I don't care."

"Since when do you not care?"

"Since now."

I ran my hand through his hair, and he pulled me even closer to him in response. I couldn't believe that this was happening. The thought of last night still feels like I dreamt it all but being here in his arms right now reminded me it was all real.

I still wasn't used to it.

I kissed his forehead and forced myself into a sitting position. He groaned in protest.

"If we don't start getting ready now, we're going to be late. Normally I wouldn't care about being late, but I do fear the Scott family." I couldn't believe I was telling Elias this. Elias, the king of everything exact and precise.

"I hate that you're right." He muttered as he sat up and buttoned the black shirt that hung on his body.

I pulled myself out of bed and went through the clothes that Elias had picked out for me previously. Most of them were dresses since he knew most our time would be spent with the Scotts.

After yesterday's performance with the Scott family, I've decided I don't like them.

The thought of seeing Ezra Scott again made my heart stop. Never before had I encountered such a broken person. I wondered if it'd benefit him less or more to stay away from his parents.

I picked out a casual navy-blue dress and put it on as Elias lit a cigarette. "Today I'm going to be meeting with Mr. Scott." He said in between puffs of smoke, "What I need is for the Scott family to be enchanted by us."

"I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard for you to do." I said honestly, "You seem to enchant anyone you come across."

Elias hesitated, "The Scotts are different-"

"They're cruel?"

"No-"

"Heartless?"

"Avril-"

"Treat their own son like a degenerate?"

Elias just shook his head, "They're calculators. More careful and meticulous than even me."