Chapter Thirty-Seven

I never expected to see my parents in the mass of people, and yet still, I had asked Elias to reserve two seats just for them. They were the only two seats empty. 

I could do nothing but get over it. They may be my parents, but they also chose their pride over Elias and me. They were in the wrong.

After the ceremony ended, me, Elias, and the rest of the guests returned to the large funeral room where Elias had turned into what I could only describe as a ball room. Everyone was dancing, and eating expensive foods, it was overwhelming to say the least

I wasn't sure what to do, or who to talk to considering Elias has already began proving he was the best host as always. He went from person to person thanking them each for attending our wedding. I stood beside him, displaying my best smile for the rich people who didn't particularly care about me at all.

The feeling was mutual.

"Elias Parity, you damned freak." We both turned to a man with messy brown hair, though he still wore a white button up shirt and black jacket that showed he was wealthy enough. He must not care for his appearance too much.

Elias flashed a grin, "Mr. Mason, I can't help but show my surprise for your being here."

"And miss the opportunity to talk to all these people who prove an abundance of opportunity? I'd be a fool not to come."

"Always the selfish type you are."

The man shrugged, "My actions are always done with absolute purpose for the future generations, as you know."

Elias laughed, a genuine laugh, showing his white teeth in the process, he turned to me, "Scarlett, this is Edgar Mason, an influencer to be modest."

"Trust me, modesty is not in my nature." Edgar said with a grin. There was a woman standing behind him, she wore a magnificent red dress, but looked almost as out of place as I did. She must not be used to this type of lifestyle.

Her and I both.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Mason." I said as pleasantly as I could.

"The pleasure is all mine." He gave a slight bow as if I were royalty, I noticed how he kept a distance from the both of us, as if Elias and I had some sort of disease. I pretended not to seem offended, "Elias and I have spoken quite a bit over the past couple of months. I'm eager to be working with the both of you for my upcoming revolution."

I rose my eyebrows, "Revolution, huh?"

He winked at me, "It'll hold a place in the history books, I assure you."

Elias nudged me, "I'd advise you not to question him about it, or we'll be standing here all night."

"And have you two miss your honeymoon?" The mysterious woman finally spoke up, "I wouldn't let him be so cruel, trust me."

"A keeper you are, Nia." Complimented Elias to the woman I guessed was named Nia.

"It seems everyone understands that but him." She shot Edgar a playful pout, "But enough of us, I'm sure there are plenty of other people you two need to go speak to." She nodded towards me, "It was nice to meet you, Scarlet."

I smiled, "Thanks again for coming."

When they both walked away, I glanced at Elias, "Really? A revolution?"

"Intriguing, isn't it?"

"These guests are almost as insane as you. Are all rich people so unbearably eccentric?"