Chapter Seventeen

This is their costumes, it's just obviously not them

"Remind me why we are dressing up for the party again?" Jason whined for the tenth time.

I sighed as I set my eyeliner pencil down. "Halloween is a holiday you're supposed to dress up for, were just following our nation's traditions."

"No one else is going to be dressed up in a costume," he complained.

"I guarantee you most people will be in costume."

I helped Jason put his headpiece on. "Why do you like Halloween so much anyway?"

"Halloween is the one time of year where for one night, I don't have to be Parker Davis. Kellin's mom used to make us costumes and we would get so much candy. I had to hide it from my parents, since they didn't approve of the holiday but it's always been my favorite," I explained, getting lost in the thought of past Halloweens.

"Well since I love you, I suppose I can grow to love the holiday."

I smiled and briefly pressed my lips to his. "Besides you make an amazing Mickey Mouse."

Jason and I were going as Minnie and Mickey mouse. He hated the idea at first, but I think he secretly loves it. We drove for a while before finally stopping in front of his friend Tucker's house. Jason had told me loads of stories about them, as they had been friends since middle school.

"I'm finally meeting the famous Tucker," I joked as we walked to the house's front door.

"It's about time, you'll love Tuck. Not more than me I hope."

I hadn't told Jason I lived him yet, but I was positive I did. "Wouldn't dream of it," I winked.

A few more moments passed before a tall man dressed as a slutty fireman opened the door. "J man!" he screamed.

"Hey Tuck!" Jason exclaimed as Tucker jumped on Jason's back. I laughed as the two men wrestled on the ground, Tucker clearly much stronger.

"Is this the famous Parker?" Tucker questioned, putting his arm around me.

Jason pushed Tucker's arm off my shoulders, replacing it with his own. "Yes this is my girlfriend Parker."

"Wow so this is a serious one, I'm proud of you bro. Hasn't been one since Emma." I wondered who Emma was, however I kept it to myself for now.

Jason chuckled and nodded his head. "Some of us like to have a stable relationship, rather than sleeping with anything that has a pulse."

"Don't pretend that you weren't like that once upon a time," Tucker winked. "Anyway enjoy the party, I'll see you later.

"I told you most people would be dressed up," I said as I gazed around the crowded room, where almost everyone was in costume.

"Yeah and most of the men seem to be really enjoying you," Jason growled, pulling me closer to his side.

"I highly doubt that, besides I only have eyes for my Mickey Mouse." I waved of his accusations.

Jason led us over to the drink table where he grabbed a bottle of beer and popped the cap off. I too reached for a beer, however Jason intercepted it. "There's no way you're drinking."

"Why not, it's not like I haven't before."

"Well you're only seventeen, and I'm your teacher."

"Right now you're my boyfriend, and I'm having a beer."

"You're having a beer my ass. Do not go near the alcohol table," Jason said in a warning tone.

"You aren't my dad Jason, stop treating me like a child!"

"Well you are a child!" My mouth gaped open, Jason's dropping as well not a moment later. "I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean that," he apologized while wrapping his arms around my waist.

I shoved Jason's arms off me. "Why the hell am I your girlfriend if I'm just as child?"

"You're my girlfriend because I love you and do not see you as a child. You've gone though major things, most adults will never experience."

The three words almost slipped from my mouth. Almost. Jason probably didn't love me, why would he love a child?

I huffed score walking away from him, ignoring his pleas for me to stop. "Parker please stop. I love you!"

I stormed up the stairs and made the mistake of entering a room where a couple was making out. Peering down the steps, I saw Jason stuck in the crowd of people so I took a seat at the top of the steps.

"Now why would Parker Davis be at a party? She doesn't have any friends," a menacing voice said behind me.

I whipped my head around to see Ryan, dressed as a revealing policeman. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well this is my brother's house, so I think the better question is why are you here?"

Ryan nearly doubled over laughing, clutching his stomach as his face turned red. "You don't have any friends Davis. Besides, my brother has never once mentioned you. And I sure as hell didn't invite you, so why the fuck are you here?"

"Well I"

"Thank god, Parker."

"Oh hi Mr. Edwards what are you doing here?" I motioned to my left where Ryan was seated, looking skeptically between us.

"The host is my best friend. What about you?" I could tell Jason was extremely nervous.

"I was just asking the same damn thing," Ryan stated.

"No one invited me, I was on a walk and the party looked fun."

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I have a few girls in the next room in desperate need of my attention," Ryan got up and excused himself. "It's interesting though how you're dressed up, Parker, and matching with Mr. Edwards."

After waiting a few moments for Ryan to shut the door to the bedroom he entered, Jason grabbed my hand and quickly led us out of the house. We continued to run all the way down the street, to where his car was parked.

Upon entering the car Jason began to ramble off several apologies. "You know I didn't mean it babe. It was in the heat of the moment. You've gone through so much and you're probably more of an adult than me, and-" I cut him off mid-sentence with a kiss.

"You don't need to apologize, I got over it a long time ago," I smiled.

"Good because I don't want to lose you, especially over something stupid I did."

"I love you," I blurted out. Both of our eyes grew large and my hand shot over my mouth. I knew I loved him, but was it the time to tell him?

"Y-you do?" he asked.

"Yes I love you. Ever since I met you, you have shown me what love is. Love is the way you look at me when you see me, and the way my heart skips a beat when I hear your voice. I love the way you make me feel beautiful, and simply everything about you. Our love may be viewed as wrong or forbidden, but our love is worth fighting for."

Jason's face lit up like a child's on Christmas morning. His lips eagerly made their way to mine to meet in what may have been the most passionate kiss of my lifetime. "I love you more than you'll ever know."

A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys. I left the notebook I write this story in at my grandma's and honestly couldn't remember enough of it to fill it up without the notebook. I promise I'll do everything in my power to not make the waits for chapter this long ever again. Maybe 2 or 3 days at the most. Anyways, vote and comment on this chapter if you liked it. Or maybe LOVEd it!!