Chapter Twenty One

The night of the award ceremony I had fainted. Jason carried me out a back door, so no one would see. He took my straight home and I spent the next few days home sick. I wasn't physically sick, but I might as well be. Who knows what Jason and that new math teacher were doing at school. I didn't talk to Jason much these past few days, even sleeping in the guest room.

I figured this new math teacher was Emma, as that was his last serious girlfriend. "Parker?" Jason's voice rung throughout the house. School was already over? It never goes this fast when I'm there. He tried to open the door, but I had locked it after he left.

"What the hell? Parker open the door," he pleaded. I stayed silent and wrapped in the covers, hearing him place his head on the door. "Emma means nothing to me anymore. You already mean the world to me, there's no room for anyone else. I love you so much."

I sat quietly for a moment before pushing the covers off me and unlocking the door. I settled back in bed as Jason entered the room behind me. He sighed as he saw the untouched plate of food he left me this morning. "Have you eaten today?" I shook my head before stretching my tired limbs. "Come on, I'll order Chinese."

I smiled, but grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving. "Lay with me." He jumped in bed like a little boy before scooping me in his arms. Jason ordered food, setting his phone down after. "I love you too," I whispered and he kissed the top of my head.

Soon enough the food came and we transitioned to the couch. Some random movie was playing on the T.V, but neither of us paid any attention to it. We caught up about we did the past few days, which was nothing for me.

I was just overall enjoying my boyfriend's company, something I hadn't had for a few days. Granted it was my fault, I still missed it and him. "Come on love, I'll run a bath for you," he stated as he picked me up bridal style. I sat silently on the closed toilet seat as he fill e tub.

He headed toward the door to leave me to it, but I called for him. Jason watched in awe as I stripped and stepped into the tub. "Wash me?" I asked innocently.

He cleared his throat before he knelt beside the tub and poured shampoo in his hands. He massaged the soap into my scalp, which felt indescribably relaxing. Jason went through the process of conditioning my hair and dumped body wash onto a wash rag, scrubbing me.

Jason would run his hands along my skin, sending shivers of pleasure up my spine. He examined the scars and bruises all over my body with tears in his eyes. I brought my hand to his cheek, catching a stray tear. He quickly collected hims f before helping me out of the tub and wrapping me in a fluffy towel.

He dressed me in one of his t-shirts before falling onto the bed. I rested my head in his lap so he could dry and brush my hair. His tenderness warmed my heart, and made me love him even more (if that was even possible).

"Thank you," I smiled as we cuddled under the covers, escaping the nippy November air.

He gently kissed my nose and brought me closer to him. I fell asleep to the beat of his heart, content that all was well again.