Chapter Thirty Two

I called Jason's grandma and sister and informed them about everything that was going on. As soon as I told them they both drove down and stayed with me for the past two days.

Today was Jason's court date and we all got up bright and early to get ready. I flattened the dress shirt Claire had leant me, as I really didn't own any myself.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at myself in the mirror. How could I have let this happen to him? I ruined the life of the man I loved the most.

"Hey," Claire whispered as she rubbed my back, "He's going to be okay, there's no evidence of you two having a sexual relationship, and as long as you don't press charges he'll be alright."

"Of course I'm not going to press charges, we've never even had sex!"

"See honey, Jay Jay will be just fine. Come on we'll all go in my car."

I smiled and trailed behind her down the stairs and into her car. "It'll all be alright, dear, hopefully they won't get him too bad," Gram said patting my hand.

The three of us walked up the stone steps and into the court house. A police officer was waiting at the front and as soon as he saw me he said, "Oh Miss. Davis you'll have to follow me." I eyed him and hesitantly walked into the large building with him.

"All you have to do is tell the judge exactly what happened," he said to me as we walked into the court room full of people. I scoffed under my breath. Everyone in the town was there.

I saw Jason and everyone else in the room disappeared. He whispered "I love you" to me as I was taken to my seat.

"Order," the judge shouted and hit his gavel, causing the entire room to silence. "Today we are here to review the case of Mr. Jason Edwards who is being charged of sex crimes against a student of his." The words the judge spoke burned my ears. "Parker Davis, the student Mr. Edwards assaulted, please step up to the stand."

I took the oath before stepping up. "Jason Edwards did not assault me, and we did not have sex."

"Where are your parents Miss. Davis, surely they have something to say on the matter," the judge asked.

"I have no idea where my mother is. My father was shot dead by a police man who rescued me from being kidnapped and raped by my own dad. Do you want to know who helped them find me? Jason Edwards. Do you want to know who took me in after finding out my father touched me and hurt me? Jason Edwards and his family," I cried out, pointing to Gram and Claire.

"Did Mr. Edwards ever pressure you into doing any sexual acts with him, or promise you anything for doing so?"

"Jason and I never had sex and he never pressured me with anything, I bring no charges to him at all. He is an innocent and good man," I pleaded, looking at Jason.

After several more questions to myself and Jason, the judge called for a review of the evidence and everyone stepped into the hall. They had Jason handcuffed to a bench, like he'd ever hurt anyone. Slowly, I walked over the bench. This was the closest I had been to Jason in several days. I brought my hand to his cheek and stroked it. He burrowed his face further into my hand and smiled.

"I love you, Parker, no matter what happens," he stated.

"I love you so so much, I will fight for you they can't take you away from me." I began to sob again and threw my arms around him to hug him.

"Miss. Davis," the judge stated from the doorway, "If you both could please step back inside for the verdict."

"Please, please you can't take him," I cried to the judge.

He ignored me and sent a guard out to unlock Jason's cuffs and bring him back into the room. My palms began sweating as we all waited for the judge to announce the verdict.

"After reviewing all the evidence presented in this court room today I have considered Jason Edwards not guilty," the judge announced.

"Yes," I shouted in the silent room, jumping out of my seat.

"Now wait hang on," the judge stated, "However, your teaching license will be revoked immediately, you will be placed on the sex offender list, and you must serve 90 days in the state penitentiary starting next Wednesday. Between now and Wednesday you are to not leave the state, and you are to show up to serve your time at 9 am sharp," the judge read off in a monotone voice.

Tears rolled down my cheeks after the judge read all this aloud. I ruined his life forever, he'd never be able to teach again.

"The court is dismissed," he shouted hitting his gavel.

Jason was released and I ran over to him. "Jason I'm so sorry I ruined your whole life, I didn't mean for this happen!"

"Shh, Parks, it's okay I promise. Listen, this is better than spending twenty years in federal prison. I get to be with you," he stated wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"Jason I'm so glad you're alright," Claire said wrapping her arms around him. Gram hugged me and then Jason.

"Come on let's all go out to eat, you both could use it," Gram stated.

...

I refused to leave Jason's side since he was released. Skylar had brought all my assignments to me and turned them in so I wouldn't be behind. Jason was leaving to serve his ninety days tomorrow and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle it. But I knew it'd be harder on him than myself.

I set the table for the both of us for the meal I had just prepared. Jason was sleeping on the couch, but rose when I took the chicken out of the oven. I giggled as he immediately woke up after smelling food.

"Baby, did you do all this?" he asked.

"No the magic food fairy made all of it," I joked. He chuckled and planted a kiss on my lips before taking a seat.

He moaned as he ate his chicken and a scoop of mashed potatoes. "Damn babe this is amazing," he said causing me to smile

"Plenty left for you."

"You're so perfect, Parks, really."

I blushed and let my hair fall in front of my face. He leaned over and brushed it behind my ear, kissing my cheek. I moved from my chair to his lap, deepening the kiss. His kisses moved to my neck and I grinded on his lower half.

"Jesus," he moaned onto my neck and I felt him grow on my leg. I took his hand and led him up to our bedroom, pushing him down on the bed. "Babe what are you doing?"

"Shh I want to do this," I whispered kissing his cheeks.

"No you don't have to just because I'm leaving for a few months, it's okay."

"I want this with you, please," I practically begged.

He sighed but didn't deny my requests, tightening his grip on me instead. Jason flipped us over so he was on top, and I used this opportunity to slip his shirt over his head. I kissed him sloppily, I needed him.

He toyed with the hem of my shirt, seeming hesitant to take it off. I sat up a bit and rushed my shirt over my head. His eyes scanned my body and he kissed each of my breasts.

All of our clothes were shed and before he went any further he stopped and asked, "Are you sure?"

I bit my lip and nodded, pulling him back onto me.