Epilogue

5 years later.

"Kellen get back here!" I shouted as I saw my son snatch a cookie from the table. He was giggling uncontrollably as I scooped him up and tickled me.

"Daddy will be home in a few minutes so we can eat dinner," I scolded, returning the cookie back to its place on the tray.

The past five years of my life went by blissfully smooth. Jason had thankfully been allowed to teach music theory at the community college not too far from our house. He absolutely adored it, and it seemed to truly be a vocation for him. As for me, I decided to be a counselor for abuse victims that unfortunately have my previous life. I was even in the midst of starting a new organization to house and feed children that so desperately needed to escape their homes.

"Hi babies," Jason called out as he entered the house.

"Daddy I'm not a baby," Kellen giggled as he ran up and hugged Jason's leg. Jason was an absolute dream of a father, something I wished I had growing up. He was so caring and attentive, and he loved that little boy with everything in him.

Jason had proposed to me at my graduation with Gram's ring. We had a very small ceremony, but it was very intimate which is just what we wanted. We hadn't ever really planned on having a baby so soon, however mother nature clearly had different ideas for us.

Kellen's mother was over the moon when she found out what we had decided to name our baby. I promised Kellen I would name one of my children after him, and the name fit my son well. He was goofy and charming, just like my old best friend.

"How was work today super-wife?" Jason laughed as he kissed my cheek. Super-wife was a nickname Jason had given me after I had landed my first job in a group home as a counselor.

"Very sad, the stories these kids tell me J..."

"I know," he nodded, understanding I couldn't even finish.

I turned my attention back to Kellen as he showed us an art piece he had made at school. My heart swelled as he jumped on my lap and showed me that he drew our family. Of course we were stick figures, but he labeled us and drew hearts all around.

"What was it for bud?" Jason asked as he sat next to us.

"We had to draw us wif our super heroes," he smiled proudly, making my heart soar. Didn't I say he was a charmer?

After dinner I washed up the kitchen while Jason and Kellen went off to do their nightly routine. Video games and cookies, then bath time, then bed. It's like clock work for those two boys, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

"Thank you for coming into my life, for saving me," I whispered from Jason's lap as we watched our little boy drift to sleep.

Jason snaked his arms around my waist tighter and kissed my shoulder. "I think it was you that was my saving grace Parker."

I couldn't be more content with the way my life turned out, even though my best friend was absent. The family I always wanted was right in front of me, and I wasn't letting go of it any time soon.

Authors note: I know the ending chapters weren't very long, but like I said after so many years I just wanted to give you guys an ending. Hope you enjoyed!