Chapter Five - The Train

Rin's POV

I sit in silence with Storm, staring at my hands. I occasionally look up at Rosemary and this time, she flicks her eyes towards me, looking at me from across the train car. The train tracks let out a high pitched squeal as the train stops, send tremors through the cars.

"Carly..." Luna groans from the ground. "We've stopped Luna..." She says back and Luna looks around. "Oh... Never mind..."

"What's going on? We can't possibly be there yet..." I say, looking out the window. "I don't know..." Sylvia says in concern and we all look around in confusion. "I'll go to the front to see what's happening..." She says and walks to the door but is blown back and into the opposite wall. "Sylvia!" I yell and run over to her limp body. Carly comes over too and starts healing her with out question.

Rosemary's POV

"Sorry, Hun. But the train stops here..." A voice says from the door way. I look closer and see a teenage girl with long green hair and red eyes. "Who the heck are you?" Gale demands. I keep Cyrine close to me, keeping her behind my back. "I'll take care of this chick! You guys go ahead!" Nova yells, taking her battle stance, a glint in her eyes. Oh no... She's about to throw down real hard. "Okay! You've all seen Nova in action! Move it! Move it!" I motion for everyone to file out of the car. Before I leave, I toss Nova a Sky Dragon healing Crystal and walk out.

Nova's POV

"Nova? As in Nova Dreyer? Daughter of Laxus Dreyer and Mirajane Struass... Quite impressive..." The green haired girl smirks, crossing her arms. She wore a dark turquoise ballet dress? With a pink, purple and blue tutu. It was strapless and had a gold trim. She also had a jean jacket with what I think is Peacock feathers on it?

"Are you going to tell me who you are now?"
I ask, crossing my arms as well. "Fair enough. I'll tell you my name if you can defeat me. But for now, call me Peacock..." She gives me a side ways smile and puts one Hand out in front of her gracefully. "What kind of fight stance is that?" I laugh and she just smirks.

"Feather spikes!" She chants, a dozen peacock feathers appearing above her hand. She snaps her fingers and they go speeding towards me. I smirk at her and put my hands out, getting ready to absorb it but them just stab my hands instead. I cry out in pain, swearing at my self pulling them out of my palms.

I give the girl a death glare. "What kind of magic is this? And how come my magic couldn't absorb it?" I demand, holding my bleeding hands. "My feathers are the finest! Impervious to all Counter magics! Even yours, Nova Dreyer!"

Rosemary's POV

We had reached the next car to have guns pointed at all of us. "One wrong move and we shot you all!" A man yells but then spots Cyrine behind me. "That's her! That's the girl we're looking for!" He yells. The moment the men let their guard down, I crush a speed Crystal in my hand and run around, taping all the men on their head, stealing their physical energy, causing them to fall asleep. Once I'm done, I skid to a stop in front of The New Gens.

"Never gets old watching you do that..." Luna laughs, patting me on the back and I grin. "I think that's my favourite part of missions with you..." Reiki says.  "I feel so strong right now! All of those men's energy pumping in my veins! You should move!" I yell and punch the next door, knock it down with my bare fists. I shake my hands out. "Whoa! That's better!" I yell with delight. Reiki looks out the broken door. "Actually... I think that's the best part." He laugh and we head out to the next car.

Carly's POV

I follow Rosemary to the next car, walking with Cyrine. "Whoa... She's so cool..." Cyrine says, looking at Rose from the back. "Wait. You've never seen her use her magic before?" I ask, looking at her. "I have. But never on people..." She says. Eddie, my exceed and Cindy's little brother crawls out of my bag and climbs up on my head. "That was nothing! Rosemary is definitely next in line for S-class." Eddie says to Cyrine. "S-class?" Cyrine asks. I guess she doesn't know much about guilds. "S-class mages are the most powerful in the guild. We have the trails every 5 years now. Nova won the last one. She was only 12! It was a new record." I grin at her, thinking about Nova. I hope she's alright. "Actually... I think the next one is coming up soon... I was 8 at the time. So yeah, it is happening this year!" I say, realizing that it could happen anytime now. Cyrine nods and we keep walking.