thirty-two

[guess what guys......]

It had been two months. Two whole months after the "incident" and neither Josh or Tyler have spoken to each other.

Josh didn't even explain anything to him. Tyler had blocked him on all social media and profusely refused to see or hear from him at any moment. That moment has been two months long and counting.

Some of Tyler's friends still kept in contact with him, letting him know how Tyler was doing. At least, Tyler was doing well and recovering.

His family was devastated in finding out the reasons as to why he committed the acts. Tyler's brothers even threatened Josh to stay away from Tyler or things would go badly. And Josh respected that.

Taking a sip from his Jack Daniel's, Josh leaned back in his chair, running a hand through his hair. He looked so out of shape and abandoned, yet he still managed to look good. It was incredible.

Despite what he looked on the outside, Josh felt like shit. But then again, it was his fault.

The guilt never left. It kept gnawing at him, eating him from the inside. And sadly, he couldn't do anything about it. Only drink and smoke occasionally.

Josh was already dozing off, due to the alcohol and the fact that he only slept three hours, when his phone rang and buzzed on the coffee table. This woke him up slightly.

He reached out and grabbed his phone, answering the call. "Hello?" he mumbled.

"J-Josh! Thank God, you answered!" A familiar voice exclaimed through the other end. Josh furrowed his eyebrows in slight confusion. "Patrick?"

"Yes, it's me! Anyway, we need your help!"

This woke Josh up a lot more. "What do you mean? What happened?" He asked, confused.

"Look, there's no time to explain!" Patrick exclaimed, sounding more and more frantic.

"Okay, okay, but seriously, what's wrong?"

"It's about Tyler."

Josh sat up quickly and his postured straightened. "What happened with Tyler?"

"There's been an emergency, an accident."

And suddenly, Josh's entire world crumbled down on him.

[two chapters left and an epilogue]