thirty-three

[tHIS STARTED AS A FANFIC FILLED WITH SHITTY HUMOR HOW DID IT COME TO THIS and y'all so confused lmao im sorry ((((not)))) also make sure to read the a/n at the bottom aoddofkqosasfsowj enjoy!]

Warnings: mentions of suicide and other things related

Tyler didn't know what hurt more.

His bruised lung and broken ribs or the fact that he was able to wake up and open his eyes again.

He decided on the latter.

Tyler stirred in his bed, wincing at the pain on his side that spread out to the rest of his body. His head hurt immensely and the bandage wrapped around it didn't help either.

Zack and Jay, his brothers, were asleep on the couch in a far off corner of the room. His mother was there too, sitting at a chair close to the couch. His father was nowhere to be seen, neither his sister.

Tyler let out a sigh and looked up at the blank ceiling. He doesn't quite remember why he threw himself in front of that car but he felt as if we wanted to. More like he was pushed.

There was a knock at the door that broke Tyler's train of thoughts and without anyone answering, the person walked inside.

Tyler's breath hitched slightly and he quickly closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep.

"Oh, Patrick and...?" Tyler heard his mom say.

"Josh."

Now he really wished he should've died.

"Are you close to Tyler?"

"You could...say that."

Tyler heard a small ping of sorrow in his voice. And it kind of made him feel bad. Kind of.

"Oh alright..."

"Mrs. Joseph, I don't want to be a bother or anything but I think your husband is waiting for you outside to fill out some papers or something and a few other people want to see Tyler for a bit, just to know if he's fine," Patrick said.

"Oh! Of course, they can go ahead and come inside, just be quiet, please. Tyler's still asleep and so are his brothers," said Tyler's mom with concern.

Tyler heard some shuffling, a few voices, and the door closing. But he felt only one presence in the room, walking towards his bed.

His hand twitched as he fought the urge to see who it is. He felt someone sit on the chair next to his bed and his breath hitched again. Tyler tried to remain as still as possible.

"I know you're awake," he heard a sickly familiar voice whisper.

Tyler really wants to die right now.

[{not edited} okay so one more chapter left D''': and then the epilogue *sobs into the next century* also next chapter will be at least 800-1,000 (a/n's not included) words long (lots of stuff will unfold) aND i'll be uploading it tONIgHt iLYSM]