- Chapter 1 -

"People can put you down, and they will but Allah will never abandon you, so long as you don't."
-Nouman Ali Khan-

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

3 YEARS LATER

Colombo
October 2012

KHALEESAH'S POV

Rrrrrrriiiiinnnnnngggg!!!!!

What in the earth is that horribly familiar sound? Why is it so close to my ears? Oh Allah! Why doesn't it stop? I'm starting to get a terrible headache.

"Khaleesah!!! Wake up! It's (1)Eid! Can't you even wake up early on such a special day? And that alarm of yours has been ringing non-stop. Can't you hear it? Every single day we wake up with the help of YOUR alarm. But you! Wake up Khaleesah!! Now!"

 Suddenly, my eyes flew wide open. Oh! That was only my alarm. Why does it sound so annoying, I have no idea. Ya Allah! Ummi's ramblings will go on forever if I don't say something soon.

"Ummi! I'm awake!!!!" I told her in the most grumpy voice ever. I hate it when my beauty sleep is disturbed. Especially when I've slept late the previous night. I had been awake till two in the night reading on Wattpad. Yeah, yeah! My fault I know.

Only after she was sure that I was awake did Ummi leave my room. (2)Alhamdulillah she had switched off the alarm. That noise really did give me a headache. I groggily stood up, pushing away my blanket. Then I automatically walked towards the washroom,  taking my (3)Miswaak along with me. I recited the (4)du'aa before entering the washroom, then put my left foot forward with which I entered  and then I refreshed myself and took (5)wudhu beginning with (6)Bismillah.  After I was done I left the washroom with my right foot. I walked towards my room putting my (7)musallah on the floor in the direction of the (8)Qiblah. I then stood on it wearing my socks and prayer garb, a content sigh leaving my lips and a soft smile placing itself there.

Only now did a serene feeling of tranquillity enter my heart. Standing in front of my (9)Rabb, The Most Merciful and beginning my day with (10)Fajr was the best feeling ever. There was no feeling that could be better than this except beginning the day with (11)Tahajjud as well; which was even better and more tranquil. No one would know the beauty of this feeling more than the one who prays Tahajjud himself. Praying Tahajjud makes one's day completely complete and a successfully beautiful day is guaranteed.

But today my day started with only Fajr due to reading late into the night and the recitation of (20)Surah Yaaseen. After I was done, I had a bath for Eid since it's (12)Eidul Adha today. I personally preferred (13)Eidul Fitr more, since the excitement is far greater as we eagerly wait for Eid after twenty-nine or thirty days of fasting in (14)Ramadan. But after all Eid is Eid; a beautiful special day with the blessings and mercy of Allah in it.

* * * * * * * * * *

 I put on the new clothes which I had kept ready for today. It was a long yellow frock styled shalwar with embroidery running down the whole length of the dress which reached my ankles with white churidar pants. After applying (15)surma on my eyes I was done and ready for  Eid Salah.

"Khaleesah, make the (16)saff for Eid (17)Salah." I heard Ummi telling me. My aunts and cousins came for Eid Salah to our place while the males went to the (18)masjid. I put the musallahs in neat rows and went to the kitchen to help Ummi make the morning tea for us.

 When I entered the kitchen she was already done making the tea but the kitchen was in quite a mess. Pulling my long sleeves up to my elbows, I started washing the few things which were used to make the tea.