- Chapter 16 -

Khaleesah and Yaasir had no contact with each other

Khaleesah and Yaasir had no contact with each other. They longed to hear the other's voice and to see the one who they exchanged their heart with.

The only way Khaleesah knew about Yaasir was through his Facebook updates. But Yaasir had no way of knowing how Khaleesah was or what she was doing. He missed her a lot, but there was nothing he could do. She was still studying and he wasn't ready to get married, so marriage wasn't an option for them.

Khaleesah on the other hand missed Yaasir terribly. He would consume her thoughts completely when she wasn't doing anything. Therefore, she didn't allow her mind to wander and tried to keep it occupied as much as possible. She tried to absorb herself in a book like she used to, but nothing made sense to her, she'd shut the book and lie down, and soon she'd be asleep. Her mind too exhausted to think of anything that would keep her occupied.

Khaleesah had forgiven Hind, the next day, forgiving her for the harsh way she had spoken to her. Hind on the other hand, had ignored her completely, Khaleesah pleaded and begged her to forgive her for not speaking to her properly and crying when Hind had actually said what was for her own good.

"I stopped speaking to him or texting him, Hind! I did what you asked me to, please don't ignore me like this, you know I care for you a lot!"

"Don't repeat your dialogue over and over again! Its like a record being repeated!" Her tone was acidic, But Khaleesah's heart had been burned with the acid for quite a while now, that her heart was numbed to the pain of it burning her.

Hind was satisfied that Khaleesah had done what she had asked her to. But she had to make her plead a little more to grant her forgiveness. How good it felt to have control over Khaleesah like this. How could she have ignored her, when she actually gave her beneficial advice?

She made Khaleesah plead for a whole day before she finally forgave her.

Hind became nice to her and everything  was quite smooth between them. But nothing could fill up the space and time Yaasir had taken up so easily from her heart and life.

When she missed him too much, she would read their conversations over and over again until she had memorized them all.

• • •

After a couple of months had gone by without any sort of communication with Yaasir, a day they hadn't expected to come so soon had dawned upon them.

Khaleesah was speaking to her friends after school, while they were waiting for their school van. Since there were too many children, their school van driver went two rounds. Khaleesah usually went home in the second round.

"Khaleesah Ahmed! Khadijah Ahmed!" she heard their names being announced through the speakers. She was surprised to hear her name called because usually it was her van driver's name which was called out and they would rush to their van, impatient to get back home.