- Chapter 6 -

Our Beloved Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

إنّ المستشار مؤتمن
"Verily the one from whom counsel is sought is (considered to be) trustworthy."
(Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه - Tirmidhi - Zuhd)

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

"Is Maama (uncle) home?" Ahmed asked his aunt nervousness coating his voice.

"No, dear. He went to the masjid for 'Asr a few hours back. He said he has some other work after which he will return. In shaa Allah!" Yumna explained.

"Oh.. Ok Maami! And Yaasir?"

"That child of mine has gone to attend one of his friend's wedding, son."

"I see.." said Ahmed feeling slightly relieved.

Now, it would be more comfortable for him to speak to his aunt. It's not that he didn't want his uncle to be here but speaking to his aunt and grandma first would be better. After all, Ahmed had made Mashwarah (discussion with a person or a group of people about something) with his father regarding this and he had been pleased and happy about this. How Ahmed wished his father had been there with him at that moment, rather than a continent away. It was all Allah's plans after all. There had to be some khair in it.

"Ahmed.. Is everything alright?" He snapped back to reality at his grandma's kind voice.

"Yes, Waapumma." He said with a sigh. How he wished he didn't have to do this. His daughter was still quite young.

"Are you sure, my dear? You were in deep thought. Is something troubling you?" His grandma's voice was so soft and soothing that all his previous nervousness had vanished.
"Um... Actually, Waapumma. I came here with a proposal. "

Yumna had gone to the kitchen to make Ahmed some tea, entered the room from the other door at this moment, carrying a tray with three cups of tea and some snacks. There were two doors for this particular room and that is how she didn't see Yusra standing by the other door.

"Proposal? For whom, son?" Yumna asked confusion etched on her face.

"I spoke to Dada about this and he was very happy and he was also positive you all would agree." Ahmed told his aunt.

Yusra, who had been standing near the room door which was opposite the hall all this while, was getting quite bored. Just as she was about to go back to her room, she heard her elder cousin mention the word 'proposal' and this caught her attention at once. She was getting curious by the second.

"Proposal for whom?" She thought.

Yumna was breaking her head trying to think about whom her nephew was speaking about. She could see her nephew was nervous in whatever he was going to say, but what was it? "Ahmed, you never told us for whom the proposal is." She stated as calmly as possible while serving him the snacks.

His grandma took his large hand in her frail, soft ones, rubbing his palm in circles. This encouraged him to tell them what had been running in his mind for weeks now. "For Yaasir." He said softly, if the house wasn't so quiet, they wouldn't have heard him.

"Yaasir?" Yumna questioned to make sure she had heard him right. Ahmed gave a slight nod, glancing at his aunt's face to gauge her reaction.

"A proposal for Yaasir naana?" Yusra whispered to herself. She couldn't believe her ears. "But he is only 22!"

"Who is the girl, Ahmed?" Yumna asked again. This man who was her nephew wasn't one to pour out his thoughts so easily and Yumna knew this very well. That is why she kept asking him, for if she didn't he would just keep quiet expecting them to figure out things themselves.