- Chapter 15 -

KHALEESAH'S POV

My heart is troubled and my mind is in a mess. I've spoken to my Allah, and that gives me peace. My Rabb knows my intentions are pure. I never meant to disobey my Creator. I'm sure even he didn't mean to disobey Allah.

Our Rabb is The Most Loving and Most Forgiving. He will definitely forgive us. He is definitely The Best Judge, My Allah would understand us.

Pondering about the mercy and love of my Beloved Rabb made me feel much better. I knew I should speak about this to Yaasir Nana too. I just hope I don't hurt him by my words.

I got up from the musallah, folding it, I thought about how much my life had changed within the past few months. It was terribly hard to imagine not speaking to him. Speaking to him and texting him had become a part of me. I hope I'll be able to let go of all communication with him for a while. It's only for a year and a half. In shaa Allah, he will become mine soon.

I went downstairs to have lunch. I didn't have an appetite and had to swallow the rice with so much difficulty. Everytime I skipped a meal, I got an endless lecture from Ummi. And now having so much in my head, I didn't need a lecture to add up to it.

After lunch, I called Yaasir Nana with a very heavy heart. My hand trembled as I held onto the phone in a tight grip. My heart ached because of how fast it was beating, this time out of fear of the outcome of the conversation we were going to have. I was impatient to speak to him.

"Hello, Assalaamu Alaikum!"

"Walaikumus salaam warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu. Why have you called so early, ma? Couldn't wait to speak to me?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"Yes, ma." I replied with a deep sigh.

"I'll be leaving in another half an hour, ma. Shall I call you as soon as I leave?"

"Oh.. OK, my love. Assalaamu Alaikum."

"Walaikumus salaam warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu. Take care, ma."

"Sure. Bye!" I whispered with a sad smile.

I spoke to him in a cheerful voice so that he doesn't suspect anything. I was glad he couldn't see me at that moment. I didn't want him to because I looked so bad with dark circles under my eyes.

My eyes were also swollen and my head ached so badly. I couldn't think straight. I placed the phone next to my pillow and lied down, closing my eyes with the hope that my headache would reduce.

Within minutes I fell asleep, the exhaustion of the day taking over.

I didn't know how long I had slept, but it felt like just the blink of the eye. I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. The shrilly tone erasing all thoughts of sleeping again. For a few seconds, I was in a daze.

Wiping the traces of sleep away from my eyes, I grabbed my phone. When I saw his name, the previous feelings came rushing back.

Clearing my voice, I answered his call. I replied to his salaam as cleared as I could before I asked him how his day was.

"Alhamdulillah! It was good, ma." He told me in a tired voice. "How was yours, dear?"

"Alhamdulillah." I replied softly.

There was a short pause before he asked me the question I dreaded.

"Darling, is something wrong?"

"Yes, ma." I replied truthfully knowing there was no use beating around the bush.

"Why, ma? What happened? Anything in school?" When I kept quiet, not knowing how to tell him, he prodded further in a worried tone, "Did anyone scold you ma?"

"No ma. Nothing like that..."

"Ehenang monadha? (Then what is it?)"

"Actually... umm... we aren't supposed to speak and text before the Nikah, ma."

All I could hear from the other side was the annoying Sinhala songs that played in the bus accompanied by so many other different sounds, it was a common thing now; a sign indicating that he was travelling back home from office.

After almost a whole minute had passed by, he spoke.

"Did anyone tell anything?"

"Yes, ma. I got to know it only today that we are disobeying Allah."

"Hmm... what are you suggesting we do, ma?" He asked me, his voice void of any emotion, it was almost cold which made me feel uncomfortable. He had never spoken to me in this tone before and it scared me.

"I don't know, ma.."

"Just tell what you're thinking, Khaleesah. I know you have an idea of what we should do!"

"We will have to stop speaking and texting until our Nikah is done." I whispered softly my voice breaking at the end. I swiftly wiped away the tears that streamed down my face.

Only I knew how much it hurt me to say these words. To utter these bitter sentences that would put a huge boulder between us.

"OK!" He simply stated.

I should've been glad that he agreed, but with the single word he uttered my heart broke into many tiny fragments and particles.

I expected him to disagree with me, but he didn't.

My heart shouldn't have broken because I was the one who brought up this topic. We hadn't had a conversation like this since the day we had started speaking. I tried concealing my sobs, making it seem like I was coughing.

"No, ma. Actually I can't even concentrate on my studies."

You shouldn't have said that, Khaleesah!

"Are you saying that because you're speaking to me, you can't focus on your studies?"

"No... I didn't mean it like that!"

Then what did you mean it like?

"It's OK, Khaleesah. Leave it! Let's speak after our Nikah!"

"I'm really so sorry, ma!"

No use apologizing now!

With that I heard the call get disconnected and I couldn't call him back or text him because it was me who suggested that we stop speaking.

"Oh Allah! Please help me!"

'Anything done for the sake of Allah is never lost!' I reminded myself before burying my face in my pillow and crying my heart out to Allah; The All Hearing, The Most Loving.

▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪ ◻ ▪

A/N - Assalaamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu!

🙈🙈🙈🙈  I sincerely apologize for the late update... but I really hope you enjoyed it!

Whoever wanted to uninstall Wattpad of I don't update...I hope you've changed your mind! 😉

And those who were threatening to remove my book from their libraries...

I know you people love me, and wouldn't do that! 😄😜😘

This chapter is solely dedicated to you people! The ones who would support me always! 💗😘

Loads of Love & Du'aas,
Saa Naleem❤