- Chapter 4 -

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

KHALEESAH'S POV

"Don't disturb her. Let the child sleep!" I heard someone say.

"No, no. It's quite enough. She has slept more than enough, Maami." Ummi's voice drifted to my ears. I slowly opened my heavy eyes and I saw Ummi and Abi's aunt speaking. They were both sitting on the bed I was sleeping on.

"Ummi!" Both of them looked my way when they heard my voice and I felt slightly embarrassed. Even though Abi's aunt was looking at me with a smile it was still quite embarrassing to wake up in a state like this. "I'm awake." I whispered.

"Go and get yourself ready for breakfast Khaleesah." Ummi said looking at me with disapproval.

I quickly got up with a nod, pushing away the blankets which were covering me. I knew Ummi was annoyed with me because I slept soon after Fajr. She always tells me not to, since sleeping at the time of sunrise is bad for one's wellbeing. Also, it's been said by many scholars of Islam that sleeping at the time after Fajr leads to many defects and it is also against the Sunnah.

As our Beloved Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم is reported to have declared:
"Sleeping in the morning hinders sustenance."
(Majma'uz Zawaid-Vol.4, Pg.111)

Instead we can sleep at the time of Qailullah, the time before Zuhar. It's also Sunnah to have a nap at this time for which we will be rewarded as well. And sleeping at the time of Qailullah energizes the body and mind as I've experienced. But even though I knew all this it was still quite difficult for me to put this into practise. Still, there were times when I tried my best to stay awake after praying Fajr. But today I simply couldn't. One reason being that I was tired after all the travelling last night and the other being that the climate here was so good in the morning. It was moderately cold and the breeze that blew was cooling and nice which makes you want to just curl into a ball and sleep the entire day.

I then washed myself and had the tea which Yusra served me with. She was having a small smile on the face the entire time, as always. Masha Allah, she is so pretty! Her milk white skin, dark eyes and her long black straight hair which reached below her back were all factors which enhanced her beauty. Her hair was plaited and tied with a ribbon to match the shalwar she was wearing.

"So Khaleesah... How's studies going?"

"Alhamdulillah! It's going quite well. We will be having our year end exams next month. In shaa Allah!" I told her. "Please do include me in your du'aas."

She nodded with a beautiful smile gracing her lips. "Will do, In shaa Allah!"

"How are your studies going on, Yusra?" I inquired from her.

"Alhamdulillah!" She replied. "I have another four years to complete my studies. You make du'aa it should be easy for me and that I should complete my studies without any difficulty. In shaa Allah!"

"Sure ma."

Both of us were sitting in the room outside the kitchen, which was also like an extra sitting room for ladies. Yusra was sitting facing me on the sofa-like chair while her back was facing a door which was in the wall opposite me. Whereas I was facing it. That door belonged to the washroom and I was conscious that someone was inside but didn't think much about it. Yusra and I went on chatting about something or the other. She told me about her Madrasah where she did the Aalimah course along with her GCE A/L's (Advanced Level). She stayed in her Madrasah hostel where they were provided with all the facilities. Alhamdulillah. Yusra also told me how much fun it was over there and she truly enjoyed studying in an environment like that.