- Chapter 2 -

Our Beloved Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said :
السفرقطعة من العذاب        
" Journey is a piece of punishment. "
    Abu Huraira (Radh.) - Bukhari

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

KHALEESAH'S POV

"Masha Allah, she is absolutely beautiful." I exclaimed smiling at the little angel fast asleep in my arms. Her innocent expression made me forget all the unpleasant things which surrounded me. One could just keep staring fondly at the face of a new born, and that was what I did. Her cute, tiny nose and those mini fingers and toes, you could keep admiring them forever. She looked so peaceful in her sleep.

I slowly put my little finger into her palm which were covered with her fingers. A feeling of intense joy spread through me as the princess held onto my finger.

"(1) Saachi, what are you going to name this sweetie?" I asked my aunt looking at her. Alhamdulillah she was up and about, as healthy as can be in her situation. She looked at me and smiled. As she opened her mouth to answer my curious question, "We thought of naming her Khaleesah! It's good right?" My aunt's husband asked with a twinkle in his eye.

"Really?" I chuckled. "Of course, it would be a perfect name for this angelic girl. After all it's my name too." I said with a smile.

"Khaleesah...! He is just kidding, child. We will be naming her Samah, In Shaa Allah."

"Masha Allah! It's a nice name, Saachi. It really suits her. Alhamdulillah!" I commented with a small smile gracing my lips.

"Isn't it, my sweetheart?" I asked looking at the newborn who was now awake and staring at me with those twinkly eyes. She blinked a few times and then a slight smile placed itself on her pink lips. It was such an adorable sight. I felt like squeezing the little one but I knew better.

Subhaanallah! Just look at how flawlessly Allah has created us and with such beauty. Something which can never be done by anyone else. Only Allah has the ability to 'create'. While we humans can only 'make' with the help of Allah's creations. Can anyone ever create anything close to how we human beings are created? No. No one has that power except Al Khaaliq! It is simply and totally impossible for man to do so. But for Allah, it is so simple. This lovable baby in my arms reminded me of how Exalted Our Creator is. Her soft black hair to her little toes were all created with such exquisiteness and perfection.

I bent towards the little one and kissed her on her forehead. Then I handed her over to Ummi and watched her look at Samah with so much of love and adoration in her eyes. I felt tears gather in my own as I remembered how much Ummi suffered after losing her baby six months ago. She had gone through depression and had recovered only recently. And even that not completely. After all which mother can get over the fact that one of her child died while in her womb. We were all hoping from now onwards, this little angel would be a source if comfort and solace to Ummi's throbbing heart. In Shaa Allah!

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

As soon as I got home, I started packing my clothes and essentials to take with me on our journey. Ot wasn't much since we were returning the next day. After I was done with my work, I helped ummi pack my sisters' bags.

We prayed Maghrib and recited the Quran as we do daily. Then we waited for Abi to come as he had gone to get the van in which we were going to Dambulla. An hour later, we were on our way. It took approximately four hours for us to get there. We had dinner at Mc Donald's on our way. Travelling was tiring but I enjoyed it in the night since there was hardly any traffic jams and we could reach there earlier than when we travel at day time. Another reason being that I could sleep the entire journey and when I wake up we would have reached our destination.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○

"Assalaamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu. Come in! Come in!" Yusra's mother aka Abi's paternal aunt welcomed us inside. It was past midnight and their entire household was asleep except for her and her husband. It was so quiet that I could hear the soothing racket of the crickets and the hush of the blowing wind outside. Their house wasn't a modern house but there was a homey feel to it.

"Walaikum salaam warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu." We replied as we stepped inside their house tired after the continuous travelling. Abi was the most tired among all of us since he was the one driving. Even now I could see him rubbing his eyes. "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience we caused for you all. We must have disturbed your sleep." I heard ummi apologize.

"No dear. It wasn't a disturbance at all. Come, make yourselves comfortable."

"Jazaakallahukhaira." Ummi thanked her while Abi greeted and spoke to Yusra's father.

"Shall I make something for you all to drink? Maybe some plain tea?" Abi's aunt asked us.

"No, no! Please don't trouble yourself. We just want to sleep now. And I'm certain you must be tired too. Please do go and sleep. We will manage." Ummi told her reassuringly with a soft smile. But Yusra's mother couldn't see it since Ummi and I were both with our niqabs. Still, I'm sure she knew ummi was smiling because she smiled back and insisted, "Are you sure? Actually, it's not a problem. "

"I'm sure, (2)maami!" Ummi replied.

"Ok then. If you need anything please let me know." she told as she left us after she gave us rooms to sleep in and switched off all the lights and that also only after she was very certain that we were comfortable. Khadijah and I slept in our Great grandma's room, while she slept in a single bed along the wall opposite as we slept on a double bed. My parents were given Yusra's parents' room. While they managed in Yusra's.

My eyes were drooping closed as sleep crept in. But before my eyes shut my subconscious mind whispered certain things to me, which I tried to ignore and succeeded. But not completely.

He is sleeping just two doors away from the room you are sleeping in, Khaleesah.

Who cares?

You care.

No. I don't!

Ok fine.

Will I see him?

There see. You care.

Enough!

I was certain I would see him. But I honestly didn't know why I wanted to see him. I didn't care for him. He was no one to me. Just Abi's cousin and Yusra's brother. No one to me. Just because he made me nervous by his smile three years ago didn't mean anything.

I didn't know that it wouldn't take long for me to understand what I really felt for him.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

MEANINGS OF CERTAIN WORDS :

(1) Saachi - mother's younger sister

(2) Maami - aunty

A/N - I'm finally here with the 2nd chapter... Hope you all liked it.. Did you? And did you notice any difference in the way its written?

Hey silent readers out there! This is for you people too.. Even a single vote or comment means soooo much to me...! Jazaakallahukhairah!

Loads of Love & Du'aas,
Saa Naleem ❤