- Chapter 9 -

Dedicated to Glowing_pearl

I hope you all enjoy this chapter

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Completed typing at school just for you awesome people! ☺
*Unedited chapter

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

KHALEESAH'S POV

It was a warm, sunny day. The glare of the sun was directly on my face. I could feel the heat on my skin through the niqab. I was on my way home after another tiring day in school. Today we had our science paper and it was quite good. Alhamdulillah. We just had two more papers for our exams to finish. I was so eager for the last paper.

The holidays after the exams were always so much fun. Fun for me meant reading a dozen books. There was nothing like reading for me, it transported me to different places and moments, it gave me inner satisfaction and happiness even if I hadn't experienced anything like that in my life. I enjoyed reading. Immensely. Only a book addict would understand the true essence of reading.

I travelled home by school van, which was quite fun sometimes but can be frustrating at other times. I blindly stared at the houses and trees passing by; the supermarkets, restaurants and various other buildings. My friend Zainab was doing the same. Usually we would speak about something or the other. But, today we were both lost in our own thoughts, enjoying the silence.

Almost an hour had gone by after I came home. I discarded my abaya, gilbaab and niqab in my room and I grabbed a shawl, covering my head with it I came downstairs for lunch. After lunch, I had a whole book of Sinhala poems and comprehension to learn for tomorrow's exam. I was hoping it wouldn't be tough. In shaa Allah.

After having lunch I recited the du'aa after eating and washed my hands. Just as I was about to go upstairs I heard Ummi speaking to Waapu (my paternal grandmother) on her phone.

"Her exams are finishing day after. In shaa Allah." I heard Ummi say. "Yes.. She is here maami."

"Khaleesah, Waapu wants to speak to you." Ummi said handing over her phone to me.

After greeting me with salaams, Waapu proceeded asking about my exams.

"So how were your exams so far, darling?" My paternal grandma asked me. "You are studying well, right?"

"Alhamdulillah! They were all good, Waapu." I replied. "Yeah, I'm doing my best!"

"Exams are finishing soon. Isn't it?"

"Yeah, Waapu. Only two papers more and I'm done." I replied smiling.

"Good good. Alhamdulillah! Are you waiting for it to finish?"

"Of course! I am, Waapu."

"Ok then, darling. Do your exams well. In shaa Allah. I will be making a lot of du'aa for you."