- Chapter 7 -

"When you find yourself in a position to help someone, be happy because Allah is answering that person's prayer through you."
-Nouman Ali Khan

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

YAASIR'S POV

Today was an awesome day. Alhamdulillah. My friend looked so happy and content being married. I hope I can get that too one day. In shaa Allah. May Allah bless them with happiness and contentment with each other throughout their lives. Aameen.

I was in the public bus, returning home from Kurunegala. I was so drained and tired. I had left home right after Fajr and now I was returning after Isha. Travelling from Kurunegala to Dambulla by bus was super tiring. I tried to take a nap for a short while at least but the noise of the Sinhalese songs blaring from the speakers was so loud that I couldn't even get a blink of sleep. I was sitting by the window, the warm air hitting my face. I stood up from my seat hoping I could go and sit in the last row where the sound would be lower than what it was. The man sitting next to me was a grumpy fellow, he seems to be returning home from a hectic day too but that was no reason for him to stop me from going past him. So, I had to remain seated stiffly until I reached my hometown.

Almost an hour and a half later, I got off the noisy bus and rushed towards a trishaw which was empty. All I wanted was to go home, have a cup of Umma's tea and sleep. I didn't even feel like having dinner. I was that tired. Alhamdulillah, I had already prayed Isha before getting in the bus.

After asking the trishaw driver if he was going on a hire, I got in. We had travelled about fifty metres when he asked me for the route. "Turn right from here." I instructed him in Sinhala. "Now go straight and turn left. After about two kilometers from here you will notice a junction. From there go straight and there will be a 'palliya' (masjid). Stop next to it."

As he followed my instructions, I took my Samsung phone out of my trouser pocket to see I had only 12% of battery charge in it. I quickly dialled Umma's number to let her know I was on my way home and that I desperately wanted a cup of tea.

Placing it on my ear I kept chanting, "Pick up. Pick up," afraid my phone would get switched off.

"Hello." I heard Yusra's soft, calm voice.

"Hello Yus. Assalaamu Alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakaathuhu." I said in one breath not letting her reply to the salaam I continued, "Please ask Umma to make me a cup of tea. I'm really so tired."

"Walaikumus Salaam, Naana." She replied and then said in a teasing voice, "I can make it for you. No worries."

"No, no. Please listen, Yus. I like Umma's tea MUCH better. I don't know how the man who becomes your husband will drink that weird liquid you call tea." I teased her in return.

"I wonder how your poor wife will cope with you. How hard it is to please you!" She retorted with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"You don't have to worry about that. Thank you very much." I told her.

"Oh! But I should. Now that I know who that poor girl will be!"

"And who is that? May I know?"

Just then I heard a beep and saw that the battery of my phone was dead. I put it back into my phone with a tired sigh, completely forgetting about the stupid conversation I had with Yus. We always have these senseless bickering which I enjoy alot. When she was at Madrasa, the house would be so quiet. With my older brother - Khalid working abroad, only my parents and I were at home. Even if Khalid nana was here, it would still be quiet. His personality is so different from mine. While I was the type to annoy my sister, he wouldn't. He was one to mind only his work.