[Chapter 3]

💋 McKenzie P.O.V 💋

I woke up with a certain green eyed man on my mind. Yes, that's right. Derek Hale himself. I picked out my favourite denim shorts with a batman t-shirt and my grey converse. I also slipped on some black knee length socks. As I walked downstairs I put on one of Scott's hoodies on. It had his lacrosse number on the back (number 11).

"McKenzie? Have you seen my lacrosse hoodie?" Scott asked, looking in the fridge. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around.

"Never mind then. Hey, why are you always wearing my hoodies? You have your own!" Scott exclaimed.

"Because yours are comfy and I like your cologne. It makes me feel safe." I explained. He nodded, understanding why I felt the need to feel safe. I decided to leave my hair down and I don't wear makeup so I was ready. Scott, on the other hand, decided to walk into the kitchen with no top on.

"Can you hurry up please? We have to leave soon. And I wanna beat you to school again." He grabbed a shirt out the dryer and was ready to go.

"3... 2... 1... Go!" My mom counted down, just like she did every morning. Scott set off and went through the streets whilst I headed to the woods. It was a shortcut that led straight to the lacrosse field. I was about a quarter of a mile away when I spotted something running alongside me, but far enough away I couldn't see who it was. I pushed myself to sprint faster and saw the lacrosse goals. Suddenly I was tackled to the ground.

"What the hell! Get off!" I shouted.

"Calm down. It's me. Derek. You remember me?" He asked.

"God damn it Derek! You're gonna make me lose a race!" I shouted. I was about to sprint off when he grabbed my sleeve.

"Can you meet me here after school?" He asked. I sighed and nodded. He smiled a small smile and took off.

"Bye then!" I shouted.

"Bye McKenzie," I heard him reply. Weird, how could I hear him when he's nowhere in sight? And how the hell could he move so fast?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Once I got to class I discovered that there was a party after the scrimmage. Okay then, looks like I'm going to a party. After whatever the hell Derek wants. School went by fast and before I knew it, I was in the woods waiting for Derek.

"I'm surprised you came," A voice said from behind me. I turned around and spotted the very handsome face of Derek Hale. I noticed the stubble on his jaw has grown a little longer from when I first saw him.

"You asked me to meet you here and for some unknown reason, I trust you."

"Follow me." As I followed him, I took the time to check him out. Let me tell you, he looks good in a tightfitting shirt. Very good indeed. He stopped walking and I noticed we were at a burnt down house.

"Was this your house? Before the fire?" I asked gently, not knowing if it was a touchy subject or not.

"Yes, it was. Listen, I brought you here to explain something to you. Tonight is a full moon and something is going to happen to you. I can't explain what, but you'll find out."

"Um, okay then. Thanks for that information. I don't mean to be rude but I really have to go get ready. I'll see you around?" I asked.

"Yeah. You'll be seeing me around." He said with a bit of a smirk.

I smiled at him, then walked away. I heard footsteps on leaves behind me.

"Derek? Why are you following me?" I asked without turning around. There was no reply. I turned around and came face to face with something ugly. It was also the thing I saw before I blacked out. It's red eyes stared into mine, looking for a sign of weakness. It sniffed the air, then my shoulder where Derek touched me. It growled but I still refused to break eye contact. It slowly started backing away and heading towards where we first met Derek. I sighed then headed back to my house to get ready for the party. Once I got home I got in the shower and scrubbed away any dirt and any odours that existed on my skin. I wrapped a towel around me and headed into my walk in closet. I picked out some black high wasted shorts, a batman crop top, knee length converse boots and batman earrings. As you can see, I'm obsessed with batman.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was dancing with Stiles when I started getting dizzy. I started swaying and clutching my head. Damn it hurts!

"Hey, are you alright?" Stiles asked.

"Do I fucking look okay?" I said through gritted teeth. Suddenly Scott came running through the living room, and drove off in mom's car.

 😋 Derek P.O.V 😋

I waited outside the house the party was being hosted at. I controlled my urge to shift and waited for either Scott or McKenzie to show up. Scott stumbled out the house and drove home, his friend Stiles following. McKenzie ran out the house next and went straight for the woods. I smirked. Suddenly, Allison Argent walked out the house. I smirked. Time to have a little bit of fun. I walked up behind her...

😇 Allison P.O.V 😇

"Allison? My names Derek, I'm a friend of Scott's. He wasn't feeling very well so he asked me to take you home."

I followed him to his black Camaro. The drive was kind of awkward. Nobody said anything. Once he dropped me off and drove away, I realised I left my jacket at Lydia's.

😄 Derek P.O.V 😄

I quickly noticed Allison left her jacket in my car and decided to use it as bait to catch Scott. I hung it from a tree branch in the middle of the woods and sat in a nearby tree waiting for him to catch her scent.

😤 Scott P.O.V 😤

Once Stiles told me Derek drove Allison from the party I quickly jumped out my window and on too the ground below. My gums began to ache and I felt my nails grow longer. My ears began itching and I realised I had given in to the strength of the moon. Apparently, when Stiles told me about werewolves being real, he wasn't lying. I had, of course, almost shifted during lacrosse, but Allison's voice brought me back. As I was running through the woods, a certain smell invaded my nose. Jasmine and chamomile. Allison. I followed the scent and found her jacket. By now, I had no control over anything I did and my brain wasn't functioning properly.

"Where is she?" I asked through my teeth. Derek stalked out of the shadows.

"She's safe," he replied. "From you."

"What did you do with her?" I asked, accidently biting my lip.

"Shh, quiet," He began. He cocked his head to the side slightly then grabbed my arm. "Too late. They're already here. Run!"

An excruciating pain went through my arm. I instantly shifted back. I saw a man with a crossbow. I couldn't move. My arm was pinned to the tree with an arrow.

"Take him," the man closest to me said. I heard a branch snap behind them. Derek  took the two at the back out and whilst the one closest to me had his back turned, he came and snapped the arrow, instantly releasing me. We both keep on running till we can't see the man.

"Who were they?" I asked.

"Hunters," he replied. "Their kind have been hunting us for centuries."

"Us? You mean you! You did this to me!" I shouted, rage filling my body.

"Is it really so bad, Scott?" That you can see better - Hear more clearly, move faster than any human? You've been given something most people would kill for. The bite is a gift." He explained.

"I don't want it."

"You will. And you're gonna need me to learn how to control it. So, you and me, Scott - We're brothers now."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys! Still not very close to the end of the first episode. I'm thinking each episode is going to be 3-5 chapters long. Each book is a season. Go ahead and vote. Please stick around. I know it's a bit of a slow start but I am trying my best.

~Jupiter