[Chapter 8]

McKenzie P.O.V

It was around 12am when we arrived at the Hale house. On the way there, Derek had been silent. I was currently sitting on the sofa looking at Derek. I was still slightly pissed off he made me change but whatevs.

"I guess I should explain then, huh?" He asked. I didn't answer. He sighed. "I'm sorry I made you change. I'm just protective is all."

"Just start explaining Hale," I said, colder than intended For a moment, I saw a flash of hurt across his face, but it disappeared before I could tell.

"The thing about werewolves is that they have this thing, called a promised. They are basically made for each other. The male is very protective of the female, especially if the female isn't marked. Any questions?" He asked.

"What the hell does it mean to be marked?" I asked. He visibly paled and I knew he didn't want me to ask that question, but that just made me more curious to know the answer.

"When a male marks a female, other werewolves then know the female is 'taken'. So, if I was to mark you, I would bite your neck and my scent would mix with yours," he concluded.

"So, we're promised then?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but if I'm not good enough for you, you can reject me." He said. I felt a pang of pain in my heart at the thought of rejecting him. Instead of saying anything, I lifted his chin up and kissed him. He sat me down on his lap and his tongue traced my bottom lip. I parted my lips and allowed him entrance. We fought for dominance, but he obviously won. When we pulled apart, I hugged him.

"I would never reject you," I said.

"Good, because if you did, I would stalk you. Then kill anyone who even dared look at you, but I'd probably do that anyway," I giggled slightly and he smiled. "Oh, and no more getting changed in the boys changing room." I blushed.

"You saw that?" I asked him, still blushing furiously.

"The whole thing. It was a good show, until other people started staring at you," he said smirking slightly.

"Glad you enjoyed it."

"Maybe I could see another, exactly the same, but just you and me," he whispered in my ear huskily. I shivered.

"Maybe. It depends, do I get to see you working out again?" I asked in, what I hoped, was a seductive voice.

"You don't have to ask to see that babe. Just come round every day after school. I can even train you, make you even fitter." I nodded.

"That would be fun," I said, smiling.

"Well, in that case, we start tomorrow. Anyways, I should walk you home." He got and grabbed hold of me before I fell to the floor. "I'll carry you. It'll be faster." I nodded and yawned, then snuggled deeper into his chest. He smelt nice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I woke up from a nightmare. Scott was in it. I caught him and Allison making out but then he started shifting. He asked me to help him kill her, and I did.

"It felt so real," I explained to Scott.

"Is it freaky I had the same dream?" He asked me.

"Maybe it's a twin thing," Stiles said.

"Maybe it was real," I said, shaking slightly. In front of us, was the bus. Only, it was covered in blood. I ran away as fast as I could.

"Allison? Allison Argent!" I shouted repeatedly as I ran down the corridors. I saw Scott bump into her and sighed in relief. I walked to class and sat down. I plugged in my headphones and put all time low on.