[Chapter 13]

Scott P.O.V

I was walking towards Allison's locker. People were talking with their friends, catching up and talking about  what happened at the DvD store. I haven't seen Kenzie since yesterday when Derek and I were chasing her through the woods. I'm hoping Derek's got her. I arrived at Allison's locker to see her frantically stuffing balloons into her locker.

"Is today your birthday?" I asked her.

"No. No. Uh, no," I raised my eyebrow at her and she gave in. "I mean yes. Please don't tell anyone! I don't even know how Lydia found out!"

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" I asked, slightly hurt.

She hesitated before answering.

"Because I'm seventeen," she replied meekly.

"You're seventeen?" I asked.

"That's the reaction I'm trying to avoid," she voiced.

"Why? I mean - I totally understand. You had to repeat a year because of all the moving around."

She kissed me. It was a kiss filled with love and understanding.

"What was that for?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"For, literally, being the first person to understand. Most people are always like, 'What? Did you get held back?' or 'Did you ride the short bus?' Uh, 'Did you have a baby?'"

"You hear all that? ON your birthday?" I asked bewildered.

"Oh, yeah. All day long."

Suddenly, a great idea hit me.

"Then - What if we got out of here?" I questioned.

"Skip class?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "the whole day."

"Well, you're asking someone who's never skipped one class to bail out on the full day, and I don't -"

"No, see, thats perfect! If you get caught, they'll go easy on you!" I interrupted her.

"Well, what if you get caught?"

"Let's try not to about that," I reassured her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McKenzie P.O.V

I woke up, still wrapped up in Derek's arms. I gently traced his jawline with my fingers. I heard my phone go off on the other side of the room. I got up, but Derek started scrambling around trying to find something. I got the pillow I was using and placed it where he could find it. He grabbed the pillow and snuggled into it. I mentally awed at the sight of him. I remembered my phone had gone off. Before i checked the message, I took a picture of Derek. Opening up my messages, i discovered it was rom Stiles.

S-Where are you? Mr Harris is freaking about you and your bro not being here!

M-At Derek's. Wanna see a cute pic of him?