[Chapter 19]

McKenzie P.O.V

We were currently in the principal's office. He was sitting and just staring at us. It was kind of scary actually.

"Why did you graffiti the Batman symbol on the school building?" The principal finally spoke up.

"Why not?" I retorted. Scott and Stiles, who were sitting either side of me, elbowed me in the ribs causing me to roll my eyes.

He stared at us for another minute before making up his mind.

"I'm going to let you three off. But only because it's your first offence. You may leave," he said, motioning to the door.

We nodded. Scott and Stiles walked out first. I was about to step through the door when the principal shouted me.

"Oh, and, McKenzie? Superman's better than batman," he said, wearing a smug grin. I was about to launch myself at him when Scott and Stiles held me back. Scott grabbed my arms whilst Stiles grabbed my legs.

"Calm down!" Scott exclaimed. It was the end of the day when I was finally calm enough to walk without two boys holding my arms. We waked into the boy's locker room and got changed into our lacrosse kit. Coach decided to let me try out in case I was, and I quote, 'as good as your brother.' Of course I was as good as my brother! He taught me how to play! We walked onto the field and coach put me up against Greenburg and Stiles. I easily dodged them. I went through all the players until only Scott and Jackson were left.

"Don't go easy on me big brother," I said as he passed me. He tapped my helmet and nodded.

"If you say so little sister."

I got the ball off coach and ran straight towards them. Jackson was in front of Scott so I rolled through his legs. I then got up and jumped over Scott, who was expecting me to go low. I shot the ball and scored.

"Female McCall! Get over here!" Coach shouted.

I walked over to Finstock and he looked surprised, angry but mainly shocked.

"Can you tell me how you just outsmarted my two best players, and still made the shot?"

"I honestly don't know coach. It just happened," I explained. "One minute I was running towards them, then next I was shooting."

He nodded and then rounded up the boys.

"Into the changing rooms! I have an announcement!"

We walked into the changing rooms and sat down, waiting for coach's announcement.

"All right, listen up. Due to the recent pink eye epidemic – Thankyou Greenburg – the following people have made first line on a probationary basis, emphasis on the word 'probationary'. Rodriguez. Welcome to first line. Female McCall, and, uh – Oh for the love of crap. I can't even read my own writing. What is that, an 's'?"

I saw Stiles get his hopes up from the corner of my eye and I grinned at him.

"No, no, that's not an 's'. That's a – That's a 'b'. It's definitely a 'b'. Uh, Rodriquez, Female McCall and, uh – Bilinski," Coach finished. Stiles stood up and cheered. I stood up with him and cheered as well.

"Female McCall! Bilinski!"

"Yes?" We asked in unison.

"Shut up!"

"Yes Sir,"

"Stiles," Scott whispered, trying to get his attention.

"It's Biles. Call me Biles, or I swear to God I'll kill you," Stiles said frantically.