[Chapter 9]

Please read the authors note at the end, even though 99% of you will skip it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

McKenzie P.O.V

"I need you to distract your mom. She'll run off at one point, and that's when you leave and get in the car. We'll go back to my place and we'll start training. Okay? Okay," Derek explained. We hopped out the car and I went in first.

"Hey Jess! My mom around?" I asked Jess, one of my mom's best friends.

"Staff room. Just walk in," she replied smiling.

"Thanks." I motioned for Derek to come in and walked to the staffroom. I opened the door and my mom was sitting on the sofa eating Chinese.

"Hey mom. Let me guess, Scott wanted the car so he brought you food. You said no, but took the food anyway?" She nodded and sighed.

"What brings you here anyways? You aren't having the car either," she said in her 'mom' voice.

"I just wanted to tell you that I have a job now. Half my salary will be going to you so you can pay bills and the other half I'm saving up for Christmas," I explained. I wasn't lying... much.

"So, where do you work?"

"At the pet clinic with Scott. I was there helping out sometimes so Deaton offered me the job!"

She suddenly stood up.

"I am so sorry hun, but there's been a code. I'll see you later," and with that she rushed out.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey Derek? When we find the alpha, can you let Scott kill him? He really isn't happy with what he is and isn't that supposed to be a cure?"

"Of course babe. As long as you're happy as well," he replied, kissing my forehead.

"One more thing? Can you promise me you'll never become an alpha?"

"Yes. I'm perfectly happy being a beta. Just as long as I've got you. Now, concentrate. What do yo - "

"DEREK! I know you're here. I know what you did!" We heard Scott shout. Derek got up and picked me up. He walked upstairs and set me down on his bed.

"I didn't do anything," Derek said, not showing himself to Scott who was at the bottom of the stairs. We heard him start climbing.

"You killed him!" Scott said, getting very close to the top of the stairs.

"He died."

"Like your sister died?" Scott asked tauntingly.

"My sister was missing! I came here to look for her!" Derek said. I could see Scott had hit a nerve and I got a piece of paper and wrote on it.

'You have full permission to kick his sorry little ass' I wrote. He nodded and Scott continued digging himself in a hole.

"You found her."

"I found her in pieces!" Derek shouted. "Being used as bait to catch me!"

"I think you killed them both. And I'm gonna tell everyone, starting with the sheriff." That was the last straw for Derek as he walked out behind Scott and chucked him down the stairs. I watched as Scott fully shifted and Derek jumped down the stairs.

'Damn! He look's good doing anything!' I thought to myself.

Scott got angry and chucked Derek through a wall. Derek merely got up and brushed himself off.

"That was cute," he whispered to himself, whilst taking off his jacket. He then fully shifted and roared at Scott. Scott stepped through the hole and they circled each other. I watched as  Scott made the first move. He rushed towards Derek.

"Boys," I whispered to myself. "When will they learn?"

Derek grabbed Scott and slammed him against the wall then threw him over a table, making Scott land on the floor. He jumped straight back up and they both got into fighting stances. Scott aimed a punch, but Derek blocked and punched him in the face, sending him reeling back. Scott got up, again, but had to support himself on a table for a second. Derek used this second to jump on the table and kick him, sending Scott into a wall. I then watched in disbelief as Scott got up AGAIN. Derek went to kick him but he moved last minute, making Derek do a flip off the wall. Scott grabbed a piece of wood and hit Derek with it. As Scott was aiming another blow, Derek rolled out of the way and flipped Scott by hitting him in the back of the knee, sending Scott tumbling down. Derek grabbed him by the throat and picked him up. He brought Scott back to the ground and I decided to step in. I fully shifted and roared. Scott cowered and Derek looked stunned.

"Can you stop it please? I'm getting bored watching you fight," I said after I shifted back. Derek shook his head and looked at Scott. They both shifted back.

"I didn't kill him! Neither of us did! It's not your fault and it's not mine!" Derek exclaimed.

"This? This is all your fault! You ruined our lives!"

"No! I like what I am!" I piped in. They both sent me looks so I rolled my eyes and sat down on the floor, my back to them.

"No. Didn't," Derek said, putting emphasis on 'I'.

"You're the one who bit us!" Scott shouted.

"No, I'm not!"

"What?" Suddenly, Scott noticed a scratch on his chest. He gingerly touched it.

"There's another?" Scott asked.

"It's called an alpha. It's the most dangerous of our kind. You, your sister and I? We're Beta's. This thing is more powerful, more animal than all three of us. My sister came here looking for him, and now I'm trying to find him. But I don't think I can do it without you two," Derek admitted.

"Why us?" Scott and I chorused.

"Because he's the one that bit you both. You're a part of his pack. It's you two, Scott, Kenzie... You're the ones he wants."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey Guys and Gals! As you can see, I have finished episode three. Pic at the top is Emma Roberts who is McKenzie in this story. Thank you guys and gals for 162 reads! I know i'm constantly thanking you guys for reading, but it means so much to me that people are taking the time out of their day to read this and it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. Make sure you comment, vote, share and keep on reading!

~ Jupiter