[Chapter 23]

Scott P.O.V

So much can happen in a short space of time. Chris thinks Jackson's the second beta, my little sister was betrayed by the so called love of her life, and the Alpha is my sister's ex boyfriend's uncle, Stiles called saying all the deaths. My ex-girlfriend is sitting on my bed and she hasn't said a word in over 10 minutes. Quite scary actually.

"Do you want me to say something first?" I finally asked. Allison shook her head.

"No," she said quietly.

"Okay. Do you want me to leave you alone for a couple minutes?" I offered. She tilted her head to the side slightly.

"Why would I want that?" she asked, confusion etched into her features.

"I don't know. It's just that, um – you came in here and said you wanted to talk, and we've been sitting here for like, ten minutes – and you haven't said a word," I said slowly.

"Sorry. It's a little hard to start," she took a deep breath. "This is going to sound really ridiculous. Like, I – I guess I just – don't want you to laugh at me," she said the last part quickly.

"I would never laugh at you," I said softly.

"It's about a family," she said quietly.

"Okay," I said, waiting for her to continue.

"A little while ago, I caught them in a lie. A small one. When my aunt arrived, she had car trouble, and – My dad said it was a flat tire, but she said she needed a jump start."

"Maybe it was a just a little miscommunication," I offered.

"Yeah, that was what I thought too. And then I found glass on her car – like her window had been smashed in. I've been overhearing some strange conversations as well. I think some of it has to do with Derek," she said, almost not believing what she was saying.

""Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think that he's not – "

"Hey Scott," My mom walked in all dressed up. "I'm coming home late tonight," she noticed how I was staring at her. "What? What – What's wrong? Is it – Is it my hair, makeup?"

"No. No, you look beautiful," I commented.

"You look amazing," Allison reassured.

"Amazing," I repeated. "Why do you look amazing?" I questioned.

"Because, amazingly, I'm having dinner, for once, with a member or the male gender, who's over the age of sixteen," she replied.

"Who?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"Uh, it's a medical rep that came into the hospital, today. Yeah, we just kinda started talking, and the next thing I know, I'm saying yes too dinner and – I'm really hating myself for skipping the gym last week.

"What – medical rep?"

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, signalling her date was here. I heard McKenzie get up and open her bedroom door.

"I'll get it!" she shouted.

"That medical rep. And, uh, I'm not – I'm not ready. I'm not ready. I'm not done. I'm not ready, so if you could please just get the – get the door and talk with him, okay, just be nice," she concluded and walked back to her bedroom.

"One minute, okay?" I said to Allison then proceeded to see what was taking Kenzie so long to answer the door. I walked downstairs and the sight I saw made me want to rip him half.

"Hello there," Peter said.

Kenzie and I tried to slam the door but he put a hand on it and stopped us.