[Chapter 6]

Scott P.O.V

I woke up, tangled in my blankets. I knew what I had to do. I got dressed in my jeans and a t-shirt. I walked in my sister's room to see if she had seen my lacrosse t-shirt. I was about to say something but I saw she was wrapped up in Derek's arms.

"What the hell is going on?!" I shouted. They both jumped up and stood in a defensive stance. "Why are you in my sisters bed?" I shouted.

"What's it to you Scott?" Kenzie asked me in her scary calm voice.

"I want to know, why a man, who is older then you, is in your bed," I said, trying to get my breathing under control.

"Because I care about her," Derek said, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Get out! Stay away from my sister, or so help me god, you will never see the light of day again!" I threatened him. He simply nodded, kissed my sister, ON THE LIPS, and left out the window.

"What the fuck Scott? What gives you the right to send him away? I never get involved in you love life, so why do you get involved in mine?" She asked. Her voice started cracking towards the end, and I could tell she liked him.

"You really like him, huh?" I asked her. She nodded, and looked like she was about to burst into tears. I hugged her and rubbed, what I hoped were, soothing circles on the bottom of her back.

"I'm sorry I reacted that way, but I guess I'll always see you as my baby sister.  I'll always see you as the annoying 7 year old who smashed my face into my power rangers cake," I said, causing her to giggle slightly.

"Yeah, that was a good birthday," she said into my chest. "I forgive you. I understand where you're coming from, but you may want to apologise to Derek as well. He seemed perfectly happy where he was."

"Yeah. I'll do it later. Anyways, the real reason I came in here was to see if you knew where my lacrosse t-shirt was." She walked into her closet and produced my t-shirt.

"Sorry, I borrowed it," she said in a small voice, looking down.

"It's okay. In fact, you can keep it. I'll ask coach for a new one. If you want, i'll even buy you one of the bottles of cologne I use?" I said, understanding that it's hard for her to feel safe. It was ever since she was attacked by dad.

FLASHBACK...

"I was walking in the house. Dad was the only one home, but he was drunk. I asked him to help me with my homework, but he lashed out. He kicked me in the stomach, and punched me in the face. I told him to stop but he didn't." She told mom. I walked in after hearing everything.

"How dare he! How dare he hurt my little sister!" I shouted. Dad walked in a few minutes later.

"Pack your bags, and get out of this house," mum said, using scary-calm. Dad looked at her, then me and Kenzie walked around the corner. His face fell at the sight of Kenzie's bruised face. He nodded and went upstairs. Once he had finished, he walked out the door.

FLASHBACK OVER...

We haven't seen him since that day. Every month he sends us cheques with $500 each.

"Yeah. That'd be nice." Kenzie spoke, drawing me away from my thoughts. I nodded and hugged her again, kissing the top of her head. She let go and went into her closet. She emerged from her closet wearing the lacrosse shirt, blue skinny jeans and black combat boots. She grabbed her black backpack and her skateboard, and walked out the door.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"What do you mean you can't play the game tomorrow night?" Coach asked me.